Bala

Vehicle and Mechanic Faction Improvements

An area of the server that I feel gets over-looked is the vehicles. Once you buy a vehicle, nothing about the vehicle is persistent apart from the fuel level and the only costs of the vehicle are purchase, parking, impound, mors and mods.

I feel that by deep diving into some more RPG-type areas for vehicles, we could not only increase the importance of our mechanic factions, we could also get some more money out of the economy and add some extra role-play and consequence to owning and using a vehicle.

> Vehicle Tax and Insurance

• Vehicle Tax would basically be money that a vehicle owner pays as part of the cost of using a vehicle on San Andreas roads. RPly, this goes towards the maintenance of the roadways.
    When you buy a vehicle, you would get the first 28 days tax included but after that, you would either have to go to the DMV or use the phone to update your tax on your vehicle.
    The pricing of the vehicle tax would depend on the class and value of the vehicle, so if it was 2% tax, a car worth a million would cost $20,000 to tax a month. That's $240,000 a year.
    The vehicle tax date would be visible to law enforcement, if you were stopped within three days of it expiring, you'd receive a fine and a time to pay your tax. Any time after that, your vehicle would be impounded and you'd be fined.
  • Vehicle Insurance would effect the amount of money that it costs to retrieve your vehicle from Mors Insurance and the Impound. 
    By keeping this updated, you would save money on those areas.
    Additional, if you had this when you visiti the Mechanics, they'd reduce the amount the work costs on your vehicle by a percentage.
    Vehicle Insurance would be cheaper than the tax, as essentially it would be a perk.

> Vehicle Trunk Storage

Having purchased a V-STR recently, I was a little bit disappointed with the storage space on offer. To me, it's a reasonable big vehicle but the trunk is so small.
The idea here would be, that in addition to vehicle mods, mechanics could install different size storage for your vehicle with Small - Medium - Large options available.

For example, the V-STR has a limit of 20. If I took my vehicle to the mechanics, I could get a medium storage of 35 or a large storage of 60.
The amounts would depend on the default for the vehicle, so if it had a 200 trunk for vehicle, it would be different numbers to if I had 20.

I wouldn't want the amounts to get silly, but if you can add spoilers and hoods and neons, why not more trunk space?

The offset of this would be that a bigger storage would make your vehicle less fuel efficient. 

> Vehicle Fuel Storage

Like the storage of a vehicle, the fuel amounts in the vehicle would be independent to the model of the vehicle.

But in addition to storage, you could have mechanics install a larger fuel tank into your vehicle for extra $$.

This would allow for more fuel, but would reduce the amount of storage trunk space in the vehicle also.

As you run up more miles on the clock of your vehicle, the fuel consumption would increase as your engine becomes less-efficient.

There would be three stages of fuel;
1. A good amount of fuel will have no effect on the vehicle.
2. Fuel starting to run out would cause ignition problems.
3. No fuel in the vehicle at all would cause the vehicle to be un-driveable.

> Vehicle Oil

This would work a little bit like fuel, but over a longer period of time. 
When you open the hood of a vehicle, you would be able to check the oil status of the vehicle's engine.

There would also be a display on the hud if you needed to top up your oil.

There would be three stages to this;
1. A good amount of oil will have no effect on your engine.
2. Oil starting to run out would cause engine problems including damage on ignition and the vehicle stalling intermittently.
3. No oil in the vehicle at all would cause the vehicle to be undriveable.

You could go to the mechanics and get your oil topped up cheaper, or you could buy the oil from the store for more money.

As you run up more miles on the clock of your vehicle, the oil consumption would increase as your engine becomes less-efficient.

> Vehicle Engine

The more you use a specific vehicle, the more miles you clock up.
The more miles you clock up, the less your vehicle performs as efficiently as it used to.

That being said, if it got to the stage where your vehicle's performance was a problem for you, you could go to the mechanics and have a new engine installed for a good amount of money.

> Siphoning Fuel

You would need a tube and an empty petrol can to perform this.
Similar to the pick-locking system, you would approach the vehicle and CTRL-X. 

If the vehicle is unlocked, you would start siphoning a portion of the gas from that vehicle into the jerry can.
That being said, for game-play/trolling reasons, you wouldn't be able to siphon off all the gas in the tank. You could siphon off all the way down to 10%.

> Law Enforcement

I realise this would effect civilians/criminals a lot more than vehicles, so I think that it would be fair for the legal factions to have to contribute a certain amount of money per week from their budget towards vehicle maintenance of their vehicles. The /fspawn system doesn't allow for persistent vehicles which is unfortunate from an RP standpoint and would make the above impossible but I think a reasonable contribution every week from the legal factions would suffice.

• Upvote 1

Love the idea, since /mileage is already implemented it could easily simplify and back these ideas.

IRL, the longer you have the car, the cheaper the insurance you can get. Maybe the longer you drive it, the more oil it uses if you don't keep it at 1000 repair. Could even 'lose' an engine or transmission mod at random during a stall. Higher mileage, more issues.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.