Xoza

Respawn Locations / Zones

Spawn Zones  

10 members have voted

1. 1. When you die, where would you like to spawn?

• Random
    • Selected / Prefered
    • As close as possible.
    • As far as possible.

Here are a few ideas when it comes to death / NLR and where you spawn. This could be set by server staff, or set as a character preference.

Spawnable Areas - These areas could be random, set as preferred by selection, or set as 'closest spawn' or 'furthest spawn' from the location you died.

• Any Hospital. - You were just visiting, for some reason?
  • The Coroner's Office. - Thought you were dead, guess not.
  • Any transportation center - Just coming back to town, I think.
  • Any Cemetery / Grave site - Crawled my way out.
  • Any Church - No body today at the funeral.
  • Garbage Dump - I've been dumped in a bin.
  • Black Market Field Hospital - Add NPCs that heal and revive, in addition to cots where you could wake.
  • Ditch - Left for dead.
  • Water/River/Dam - Fed to the fishes.
  • In front of any house. - Not sure why I spent the night here, but, okay.
  • On a random floor in an apartment - We had a sick party last night...
  • Humane Labs - They were trying to test something on me.
  • Any Construction area. - They haven't pored the cement yet.
  • Any Mine/Strip Mine - Someone tried to bury me.
  • Random - literally anywhere from the above list, or at a completely random coordinate across the map.
Edited by Xoza

I love the idea of spawning somewhere randomly, because it definitely gives you the sense of 'how the hell did I get here' thus you could create a bit of a story behind it, in addition, you'd next have to figure out how to get back.

The ideas is not to allow you to choose where to respawn when you die, but either it be random, further away to one of these areas, or a place you choose as your 'preferred spot'

Edited by Xoza

i like the suggestion but i think this should be part of the RP that led up to your death, otherwise we are leaving creativity to a script in my opinion

Hmm, allowing a player to choose, that 'found' your body, Would be interesting or as you died, but you may have to wait for a player interaction. Maybe via a message command. After 30 seconds of no choice, the player chooses. This can be abused however, players sending, without care to the RP, an individual in random, unrealistic, unfitting or disadvantaged area.

• ((You have killed player ##, use /respawn ## <location>, to have them placed in that area.))