retronub

Change the kidnapping rules

Having to ask for consent to kidnapping just seems stupid in my opinion. If you’re chasing someone and they stall in the middle of the highway with no disclosed place in the near proximity to move them to rob, you have to ask for consent to “kidnap” them, i.e. getting in their car/getting them in your car and moving them somewhere else. The fact you have to ask for consent, and the robbed party has the option to give consent or not basically just lets them choose how the RP scenario should be played it. They can essentially say they don’t give kidnapping consent if they don’t feel like losing their things. It leads to a lot of stalling and lack of fluidity in the RP. Kidnapping in terms of this server makes no sense to me either. You’ll get reported if you rob someone in a public area, but you’ll also get reported if you try to move them somewhere else without consent. People in real life don’t get asked for consent before they get kidnapped, its not realistic. 

I suggest the rules should be changed so that you can move players to a disclosed area for the purpose of robbing them without their consent. If you want to kidnap someone, you ask for their consent, thats fine, as people might not have the time or patience to sit through torture RP. Players should state their reason for “kidnapping” them to rob in OOC chat, and then continue the RP. If the player being kidnapped is not satisfied with the response, they can report the player via forums. It would allow for much less ruleplay rather than roleplay, and would allow for smoother RP

• NAY 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

As far as I understand the rule, You are currently allowed to move them around the corner or just off the highway without kidnapping consent as long as its like right around the corner or whatever. I believe you also don't need consent if you have DM rights, so personally I think the rule is fine as is. 

As long as you're allowed to quickly move them around the corner or off the public highway, I don't think a rule change here is needed. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.