Rykarch

If this is RP, don't abuse the masks/bandanas

I don't want to compare in between hardcore RP servers I played back in SA:MP, but I must express my opinion regarding the masks and bandanas:

"It is illegal to wear clothing which covers the entire face, or covered up to the point where only the eyes are uncovered, or renders the face unrecognisable, on public transport and in buildings and associated yards of educational institutions, governmental institutions and healthcare institutions."

It is not allowed. Period. It goes under facial concealment charges and you can get punished for it. Obviously, I wouldn't suggest the cops to start going around and arresting everyone for doing so, I'm suggesting the whole player base to gain some common sense and think about Los Santos as how it was supposed to be. Just imagine. You'd be free to wear those masks if there was no law around. But it happens there is law, and still, you are free to cover your face, but if you do so, expect warns from the cops because Los Santos isn't in full-on anarchy status. 

If you're going to wear a bandana or a mask, be smart about it. Don't just hide your face. Change your entire clothing. Have a specific clothing for dirty business so you won't be recognized by witnesses or whatnot.  Don't use a bandana/mask at full times out of ego, do it for the actual roles you're doing at the given time. Think about how balanced it would be for the law to figure out what you and your fellas would be doing if you were driving a black van wearing bandanas in the middle of the night, think about the opportunities they'd have regarding the good and evil. It wouldn't honestly please me if I'd get caught having a bandana on me doing illegal activities, but it'd be fair. 

It's not about wether you like it or not, but about what's best for everyone.

Please feel free to share your opinions.

Edit: Also, feel free to move this thread in case it doesn't fit in the right subject.

Regards,

Rykarch

Edited by Rykarch
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

Should be moved yeah, cause I don't see an actual suggestion in here.

Sure thing.   The suggestion here doesn't envolve gamechanging scripts, it consists on suggesting the playerbase to be aware of what Roleplay truly is, therefore, I am suggesting players to avoid abusing the IC "powers" you can have while concealing your face, and how troubling it is for the other side of the law to succeed at their jobs.

Edited by Rykarch

Big problem when cops see you speeding or any crime they are very likely to metagame the alias even though they weren't able to see your face realistically. Happens way too often when they check for heavy weapons using third person. People are allowed to roleplay whoever they want to be, if that involves wearing a mask so be it.

this whole thing is an IC issue.

22 minutes ago, GWXCORE said:

IC issue bro. Become a cop and enforce the mask law if you want to change the world

I have been told so, and I must agree, it is an IC issue. However, due to not seeing any scenarios regarding the mask use from the cops, I took it as a lack of rule knowledge envolving facial concealments, that's why I created a topic about it. Thank you for commenting!

49 minutes ago, NM369 said:

Big problem when cops see you speeding or any crime they are very likely to metagame the alias even though they weren't able to see your face realistically. Happens way too often when they check for heavy weapons using third person. People are allowed to roleplay whoever they want to be, if that involves wearing a mask so be it.

People are allowed to roleplay whoever they want to be, if that envolves a mask, so be it.   I get your point.

Following your logic, if I want to roleplay a terrorist, I'll be going to walk around the city with a weapon in my hands, because if a civilian breaks any rules, the cops won't interfere. This is what you meant by what you wrote.

If the cops see you speeding, you might be surelly onto something, the same applies to real life, therefore, it applies to RP. Don't speed if you ended up committing a crime. If players were aware of what it truly takes to be a criminal, there wouldn't be badasses everywhere and Los Santos wouldn't be as chaotic as it is. Reminds me of APB Reloaded, set in a place and time where the law does exist but they can't do anything about the crimes rates and criminal behaviour. 

We have enough police enforcement here, aswell as criminals, but 99.9% criminals walk around showing off their criminal status. And that's hilarious to me. There should be a sub-category for Fear RP: Fear Law RP.. it is real, and it happens everytime.

I wouldn't be enjoying if cops abused it, but I wouldn't regret taking a criminal path aswell. That's what you get for being a criminal. It's hard and it is supposed to be hard and to require brains before pulling something out. You get caught, you get caught. As much as I enjoy the criminal side, the law must also win. No matter where we are in Los Santos, the law is there. I keep saying to myself I am playing in a real city with real people, not a city with NPC's where I can do whatever Rockstar Games decided me to go throughout the game I play in.

51 minutes ago, NM369 said:

Metagaming is an OCC issue and if you think that someone is doing this you're free to report that player. I don't think that you'll ever see, in a normal environment (let's just except this period of time and the Corona stuff), a city crowded with masked people on the streets. In the end this is supposed to be a RP server, where we all together should act exactly like in the real life. If we'll just ignore some rules because of the fear of someone metagaming, then let's ignore also Fear RP, DM or other rules, just because this is a game after all.

Indeed, it's a game, indeed, it's supposed to bring us fun. Wouldn't be much enjoyable if we all will roleplay instead of ruleplay this game? It's not so difficult to not wear a mask 24/7, to not stop at a red light, to not... ignore mostly all of the rules just because it's a game.

Have fun!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yenoH said:

Metagaming is an OCC issue and if you think that someone is doing this you're free to report that player. I don't think that you'll ever see, in a normal environment (let's just except this period of time and the Corona stuff), a city crowded with masked people on the streets. In the end this is supposed to be a RP server, where we all together should act exactly like in the real life. If we'll just ignore some rules because of the fear of someone metagaming, then let's ignore also Fear RP, DM or other rules, just because this is a game after all.

Indeed, it's a game, indeed, it's supposed to bring us fun. Wouldn't be much enjoyable if we all will roleplay instead of ruleplay this game? It's not so difficult to not wear a mask 24/7, to not stop at a red light, to not... ignore mostly all of the rules just because it's a game.

Have fun!

Thank you for commenting! 

Really helps out, that's exactly what I mean.

I'm not going to advertise on here, but I played on a Hardcore RP server, one of the most popular in SA:MP, and I've learned how to behave regarding the masks after a massive gun deal I've made with one of the biggest mobs in the server. It took us months of planning for us to get the hardware and the trade set up without any interference.

After the successful trade, we bring out two burritos, split the hardware and stash them in the back of the van. We get a motorcycle convoy set up, with the vans in the middle in case if we'd get stopped, the vans wouldn't be the first check by the cops. After noticing a roadblock ahead by our crew members, we were able to do a U turn and go back, splitting up.

Me and another guy took one of the vans by ourselves without any convoy, and we put our bandanas on just so we wouldn't get recognized as part of an Outlaw MC and get stopped on the way.. but it turns out we did get stopped. 

We didn't get stopped because of the hardware. We didn't even get stopped because we were driving a suspicious van in the middle of the night. We got stopped because we were wearing bandanas and we were obstructing our faces. I was asked to hand out my ID to the officer, which I did. But how would the officer confirm the ID was mine if he couldn't even see my face?

From there, and from my denial to remove the bandana, we were forced to step out after more officers came to check out what suspicious activity was going on, and our deal not only had crashed from that moment, but our recent and powerful connection down to the ground because me and another guy decided to wear a bandana.

A. Simple. Bandana. 

47 minutes ago, Rykarch said:

I have been told so, and I must agree, it is an IC issue. However, due to not seeing any scenarios regarding the mask use from the cops, I took it as a lack of rule knowledge envolving facial concealments, that's why I created a topic about it. Thank you for commenting!

But thing is, it’s not a server rule, it’s just the penal code put forward by LSPD, and most people who use mask all over town are very aware that they maybe shouldn’t.

2 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

But thing is, it’s not a server rule, it’s just the penal code put forward by LSPD, and most people who use mask all over town are very aware that they maybe shouldn’t.

To me, the penal code put forward by LSPD is to be not only understood ICly but OOcly.  A criminal who would know the world he operates in wouldn't conceal his face at full times if he really was a criminal. What's happening in the server regarding this topic is more than irrealistic. No thug would do this. Therefore, to me, it falls under the server rules due to lack of proper roleplay and citizenship knowledge.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.