Toasty

Email won't verify after clicking verify link

Issue Being Reported: Email wont verify after I click the verify link

Date and Time of Issue (provide timezone): 21:57 PM GMT on 24/JAN/2020.

Your characters name: N/A

Other player(s) involved: N/A

Evidence and/or notes worth mentioning: My email service is gmail.com. 

I registered a game account, received the verify email address email, clicked the ACTIVATION LINK in the email. But after, when I try to login to the panel, it tells me my email address needs to be verified and wont let me log in.

After attempting to log into http://panel.eclipse-rp.net/ it will send you an email verification link. Click it, maybe like 10 times, sometimes it's stubborn, it should end up working.
If the link brings you to the forum instead of the panel, it's the wrong link. Make sure it's the in-game account verification email, not the forum account verification email.

• Like 1

@Aieos It's still saying I need to verify email address when I try to login, I tried clicking the link in the email 10+ times, but it still wont work. I also tried registering again as per the instructions in the pinned topic on this forum, I received the link in the email, but that link wont verify my email address either.

Edited by Toasty

Hi there. I don't want to overstep my bounds here, but I was having a discussion about this in the 'I have a Question' chat in discord.

This might be important for the server administrators.

I checked the console (F12) to see if any errors come up when trying to authenticate and it keeps saying that the email needs to be verified. What I found was that the website is getting a 403 Forbidden when trying to connect to api.eclipse-rp.net/auth/verify

Someone referenced that there was a panel issue earlier today so when the panel was probably restored, there may still be a lingering issue to the API that allows the accounts to verify.

This is just based off of what i know as an IT engineer and not a code developer - I see broke and try to narrow it down at the very least. 🙂

• Like 1