Wizzidy

Official ruling on bags and crates?

I keep getting mixed signals and it seems like it shouldnt be a discussion, like the answer should be like everything in this game "RP it" because it is an RP server.... but the mining job and fishing job require large inventories... so bags and crates are commonly used. Recently there have been some split decisions on driving with a box or bag in your hands even if it is RPed placed in the cab or backseat of a vehicle... Now the way I understood it, is it would only be wrong if it was PG because you cant put a box on the back seat of a motorcycle or bifta... but if you have a giant truck, wouldnt it be reasonable to place a bag or box on the seat or in the literal sleeping cabin? I don't want to be outside the rules, and like a few other rulings it seems very, subjective.... and I wanted to get some clarification on it and ask how everyone feels. The bag and box are scripted in your hand.... but we can't load them into the back of the truck... mechanical limitations... sooo is it wrong or not... and if it is... what is the point of a bag or box since you cannot actually pick it up at max weight?

As long as the script allows it you should be fine. It's absurd to keep comparing every aspect of the game to real life as it is a game with limited mechanics. Going through the "in real life" or "in the USA" think pattern inevitably leads to confusion and aggrevated OOC conflicts. Stick to the rulebook ,that's the only certain thing that should be as solid as the law's of physics in real life.

31 minutes ago, gyrhnr said:

As long as the script allows it you should be fine. It's absurd to keep comparing every aspect of the game to real life as it is a game with limited mechanics. Going through the "in real life" or "in the USA" think pattern inevitably leads to confusion and aggrevated OOC conflicts. Stick to the rulebook ,that's the only certain thing that should be as solid as the law's of physics in real life.

This would be helpful if A: We had an actual ruling, it seems 50/50 atm.... and B: The ruling followed the rules of physics... and going by what the scripting allows cuts off so much RP in so many aspects of the game so that is an unhealthy approach I believe as well but I think you are right where unclear rules bring ooc conflict.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.