Valdis6473

Eclipse roleplay or Eclipse cops and robbers?

Played like a month here but still not sure if this is an roleplay server or cops and robbers server? Many say that it's roleplay server but where is the roleplay when developer says "Press "K" to lock your vehicle." if someone carjacks your vehicle without proper RP? Is this a roleplay server without roleplay or what? Still can't quite understand this. I understand that you can RP a navy seal who doesn't fear guns but carjacking without any RP? I can run around carjacking cars without fearing anything?

Edited by Guest

Cops and Robbers at the moment, hopefully role-play soon.

(Look at the server offenses, there's barely any RP rules).

We need Fear RP to be defined in the server rules, it's ridiculously stupid that so many people In-Game fails to demonstrate any form of character fear in situations, whether it's the fear of going to jail or the fear of actually dying.

We need Powergaming to be defined in the server rules, people force RP upon others left and right and also perform ridiculously stupid stunts that are deemed as unrealistic.

We need some type of Non RP Behavior added to the server rules as well which would also define cop baiting etc.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 2

The weirdest (and imo very dumb) thing is, that the rules literally state:

''Players are not required to engage in roleplay by the server rules, BUT failing to do so, will have negative in-character consequences. For example, all government factions must set their roleplay standards that would at least reflect a light-medium level of roleplay, which means that failing to engage in roleplay while being a member of the Police Department or the Emergency Services will have you removed from the faction. Commercial and criminal factions are fully controlled by players, therefore their leaders may set roleplay standards ranging from none to hardcore.''

So basically you don't have to roleplay at all, and don't need to even if someone is trying to rp something with you.

• Upvote 1

The weirdest (and imo very dumb) thing is, that the rules literally state:

''Players are not required to engage in roleplay by the server rules, BUT failing to do so, will have negative in-character consequences. For example, all government factions must set their roleplay standards that would at least reflect a light-medium level of roleplay, which means that failing to engage in roleplay while being a member of the Police Department or the Emergency Services will have you removed from the faction. Commercial and criminal factions are fully controlled by players, therefore their leaders may set roleplay standards ranging from none to hardcore.''

So basically you don't have to roleplay at all, and don't need to even if someone is trying to rp something with you.

Holy shit, I just noticed that. Definitely cops and robbers, no questions asked. Remove that part and add RP rules, we're not even light RP at this point!

• Upvote 1

Holy shit, I just noticed that. Definitely cops and robbers, no questions asked. Remove that part and add RP rules, we're not even light RP at this point!

Yup. Honestly I think there's no such thing as low/medium/heavy RP, you come to a rp server to roleplay. And you do that as good as you can, there shouldn't be any classification between rp levels.

Plenty of rules should be added right now so that they can be enforced and the server can start improving on the roleplay aspect. Some things I think we need rn are RPing fear, staying IC, cop baiting, making CK possible with a very good reason and admin permission (also has to be RPed well).

Another thing to add to this is the fact that as a cop, it's perfectly fine to do wheel spins burn outs or any stupid shit and there is no conciquence for that, you can just do it over and over and if you are in a quick car then you can just speed off ...

Honestly the lack of english speakers as well is frustrating when trying to do anything, want to RP? Well get lucky and you might find someone who speaks English properly. It's honestly getting annoying, for example these are real 911 calls;

e518fc149c2d22e51de29edb112e6803.png

https://gyazo.com/e518fc149c2d22e51de29edb112e6803

df19eae820f051e830a7cc6cb783fe89.png

https://gyazo.com/df19eae820f051e830a7cc6cb783fe89

It's just lackluster, barely English... and I dunno why an MD would respond. You pull someone over that talks like this it's just boring, they just barely manage to finish the situation and it's not even interesting because it's broken English most of the time.

But anyway yeah, the server needs to be more RP for sure, the rules need to be clarified and the fact that someone can just decide to not RP seems weird for an RP server to me.

Yup, i agree with this post. The other day i was minding my own bussiness and sum random guy walked up to me at the car lot and told me hands up!. Haha there were like a million witnesses around but still he managed to pull out his gun with out any RP. Hope this will change in the future !.