TheCanadian

Stashspot bug in certain homes

Date and time (provide timezone): around 10:50PM EST

Character name: Jonathan Mercer

Issue/bug you are reporting: Being able to bug your stash in another bugged 'dimension' of LS. This specific house is Wild Oats Dr. 43, but there are many homes you can do this with if memory serves.

Expected behavior:  Only being able to do /stashspot within the area of your home.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate
Go to certain homes (i believe this is only the trailer park interior houses, but i am not certain).

Teleport in and out until the door once inside shows itself as open, and walk through it. (I did an anim with someone who did it to get onto the other side to show for this video the bug.)

once outside, it seems to be a different dimension of LS (unsure on the proper terminology) and you can put the stash literally anywhere on that phase/dimension as it counts all of it as being your house. as you can see i did /stashspot and it said only the owner can change the location of the stash, that message does not appear in regular open-world on the server.

As you can see from the very long video, we checked every spot in that house including the "jump spots" multiple times before (once spending over 1hr determined to find it) and no stash was found, this is a house with a bugged stash where the player put it outside in the open world of LS on purpose so it makes his house impossible to raid.  
(Only the first minute is relevant to the bug report, the rest is for a player report)

5 hours ago, k0rrup said:

My question is , is it possible the house is empty? 

Well, yes and no. It might be possible but that means since it was out up for sale all those years ago the original owner never placed it. The stash remains where the previous owner placed it unless you change it.

The fact that the "you must be the owner of the house to place the stash" (or whatever) appears means it is nearly guaranteed to be the case. I probably have spent over 3hours total in different occasions.the stash is not inside, it is outside.

Edited by TheCanadian