tigerpet15

New metro civilian job

Hello,

I think they should be new metro driver freelance job. Like in the Los Santos there is quiet extensive subway network which is right now not used. And I believe its really big loss. There are actually not any usable public transport options in los santos (yeah, we have buses but no one remembers its lines and lets be honest when was the last time you rode a bus…).

The freelance job could work like this. There would be NPC trains running there at all times (some realistic number and to not bug the server) and if you wanted to work there you would just come to one specific subway station and it would spawn a train for you. Your job would be to drive it stop in stations and open/close doors. If the NPC was driving it would be happening automatically. Each time you would spawn the train one of the NPC trains would despawn. Also If you wanted to use the subway you would have to pay small amount for ticket (like 300 dollars). You would get paid by completing the cycle.

To be honest I strongly believe there should be added another NRP rule if the train tunnels were opened again prohibiting use of vehicles in there cause of the risk of being ran over by train. Because the car chases in them would seem really unrealistic. Also opening them would provide another RP opportunity (like hobo RP) when people would be able to put there hobo shelters and actually live from them and another cool space for RP (maybe a drug lab could be added into them somewhere).

I believe it would solve an issue with no one using buses because they are unpredictable and it would provide suitable public transport option (because the line is predictable and you can go from one end of the town to the other end) and it would help with extensive use of citybees and provide lowcost option instead of taxis.

Thanks for reading 😊

I think the server has been much better off with the train tunnels closed off. I do not support re-opening them. As for the train job you are suggesting, I believe there are enough transportation options available as it is and adding more would take away further from the buses that already run and the DCC taxi faction.