IblackhawkI

Private flatbed/car trailers

Issue:

As the new drift cars are now better at achieving angles and maneuverability, the driveability became terrible.
The cars drift very easy, they have constant wheelspin at 80-85 and causes a lot of traffic stops.

Today I got once again pulled over by PD, stating I would drive a "unroadworthy" vehicle.
And I agree with that, (pro)drift vehicles are meant for track usage, not for public roads.

But... Is there a way to avoid getting pulled over?

Unfortunately, you do not have a choice but to drive the cars to the track. Which is deemed illegal in a unroadworthy vehicle.
There is no "legal" way to transport them to a place, which makes it hard to avoid tickets or getting pulled over.

This not only goes for drift cars, but also for cars that are meant for show and/or racing in general.
A few examples of mods, deeming the vehicle 'unroadworthy':

- Headlight removal (Sultan RS)
- Low grip tires
- Front panels and rear panels (Gauntlet Hellfire / Police Gauntlet)

Result:

- People get tickets for things they can't help.
- Unnecessary traffic stops.
- Annoyance in general, as people don't have other options.
- Toxicity towards PD/SD for pulling people over, technically doing their jobs.

Solution: 

I believe the solution is pretty simple for this, it has been partially been set up in the server already.

It would be great to see privately owned Flatbeds or car trailers in the server as they give us ways to transport vehicles legally from our garage/apartment to the track/event.
Players would still be able to drive their cars there, but would risk a fine. Which is, in that case, fully justified as you have a choice.

I believe this would add to the general RP of the car community as it gives new ways to get your loved vehicles from A to B.
All without damaging it, without getting dirt on it and without using fuel from that car.
This allows you to bring your car in a good condition, clean and fueled up to the track/event without worrying about a ticket, demerit or even worse a charge for reckless operation.

As a side effect, players could start a company in towing vehicles with this. Giving a wider array of possibilities for starting a business.
This, again, adds hugely to the RP. As mechanics lately have been hard to reach or get at times.

• Like 3

I understand and agree with the concept the way you suggest it, but I don't think this would work. If you put a flatbed into private civilains hands, any player could just take one and start trolling or griefing other people's vehicles, picking them up and chopping them easily, or dropping them in water, etc. It would be beyond annoying and bad for the server to have a vehicle as powerful as the flatbed available to everyone. 

11 minutes ago, Requiem said:

I understand and agree with the concept the way you suggest it, but I don't think this would work. If you put a flatbed into private civilains hands, any player could just take one and start trolling or griefing other people's vehicles, picking them up and chopping them easily, or dropping them in water, etc. It would be beyond annoying and bad for the server to have a vehicle as powerful as the flatbed available to everyone. 

Then make it so permission is required to tow the vehicle like mechanic services. The tow function probably needs a small rework but its doable.