Kaizure

Work Vehicle Despawn Warning

Suggestion: Give work vehicles a proximity /low 30 - 60 second despawn notice that will allow the driver to refresh the timer, similar to the AFK warning people get for standing around for too long.

Reason: Vehicles don't just disappear in real life, so it's incredibly immersion breaking when work vehicles despawn after such a short time of being out of it. If you're being robbed and your vehicle despawns, you're SOL. Real life doesn't work like that.

We all know about the AFK dance we need to do from time to time to beat the timer, and most of us will inform everyone in OOC that we have the AFK timer before moving around to avoid being shot or something in the process. If everyone is informed of a work vehicle about to disappear, my hope is that people will allow the person to get into the vehicle to refresh the timer, then continue on with RP.

The only real issue I can see with this is: people who use it as an excuse to say 'I was in a vehicle, so I'm allowed to run away', but I think most people have the sense to not do this.

I do NOT think the timer should be removed or extended, otherwise we'd see abandoned work vehicles all over the place. I just think we need to have some kind of notification so players aren't stranded out in the middle of nowhere after a robbery.

Edited by Kaizure

Since this suggestion was made, work vehicles no longer randomly despawn and the robbery rules have also been changed.
Work vehicles despawn after a certain amount of time, however you should not be using your work vehicle for things that are not for its intended purpose, so if you are actively using it it will not despawn.

This suggestion is archived.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.