OakaLucifer

Temp Muting OOC

I notice that occasionally there is a lot of petty people starting unnecessary drama for the littlest reasons that makings the entire server have half their screen cluttered by this. I tried to tell them to read the rules about how it started and to clear ooc please, take it to dms but then I got harassed from 4 different people, 1 that wasn't involved about how fucked up that was and when I tried to defend my take on the matter, they claim toxicity, being repetitive and and wouldn't stop with baiting and passive aggressive as fuck. Overtime of playing this server, I found that people have loop holes around the rules to bait kills, reports and so on, but ooc is one of the things you can't avoid because it is literally forced apon you and can't ignore the clutter. 

I beg you please have a right click mute option, if not for ooc chat then for certain players because shit gets hectic as fuck before night time.

here are just some examples of a half an hour long bullshitery for the reason why we should mute ooc people

603d5ea11a0e5b7fc771c132a80f5767.png

41f2ecc989c4e568370b7899e313c738.png

6c4caed383e8871c5463d090d9ad11f3.png

5fe22525984162ce07d352b501b3ed7d.png

03d61364d5b48b34db9fcb9a972123df.png

Edited by OakaLucifer
EXAMPLE UPDATES

10 hours ago, Puzzling said:

As much as I would love to agree to a way to just turn it off, this doesn't really work if someone needs to get ahold of you or legit tell you to save your game and move on with the scenario.

Thats why I said temp mute, not perma mute, a mute that lasts around 15 minutes to an hour for such clutter to cool down.

• NAY 2

i can see the abuse already coming from miles away, someone intentionally muting a player upfront to then provoke some incorrect RP, giving the opposite party no chance to interact other then unwilfully going with the incorrect RP scenario, same thing goes to someone messing up rp, to then reply CUT B, when the other party is trying to tell them whats is going wrong 

17 hours ago, Ritchie Stones said:

i can see the abuse already coming from miles away, someone intentionally muting a player upfront to then provoke some incorrect RP, giving the opposite party no chance to interact other then unwilfully going with the incorrect RP scenario, same thing goes to someone messing up rp, to then reply CUT B, when the other party is trying to tell them whats is going wrong 

alot of people already provoke others to bait kills and force wins over rp because of how the rules work and the loop holes, it depends where your priority is at, or you could add a rule against abusers like the rule that should be added for people that bait others, but aye, who knows, not like if you go to road workers for 48 hours, you won't see that happen which is why I think your point is invalid, as if that point was used for this suggestion, you are validating the actions of the shit low quality of roleplay people do.

3 hours ago, OakaLucifer said:

alot of people already provoke others to bait kills and force wins over rp because of how the rules work and the loop holes, it depends where your priority is at, or you could add a rule against abusers like the rule that should be added for people that bait others, but aye, who knows, not like if you go to road workers for 48 hours, you won't see that happen which is why I think your point is invalid, as if that point was used for this suggestion, you are validating the actions of the shit low quality of roleplay people do.

That is called Ruleplaying. It is already against the rules to do things to bait others to break rules or use the rules to their advantage in a NRP way. 

6. Ruleplaying

Ruleplaying is a term used when players are using, manipulating, or interpreting rules or rulings falsely or outside of their intention, in an unrealistic or unintended way that does not constitute quality or realistic RP standards. 

Some examples of ruleplaying:

•  In a criminal chase, driving at slow speeds knowing that your pursuers are unable to attack you because they can't deliver demands.
  • Walking into a hostile situation with your hands up, knowing your backup is hiding, in order to bait deathmatching rights.
  • Taunting e.g., an enemy at a public place (e.g. fishing pier) knowing that they can't retaliate at said public location, effectively showing no fear for your safety.

Each situation will be reviewed and dealt with as case by case basis by staff, the examples above are not precise and there could be realistic context to someone's actions.

PzJWQVX.png Punishment: Anything from an admin jail to an indefinite ban.

21 hours ago, Ritchie Stones said:

If someone is messing up RP/doing incorrect RP as you explain, then its likely a rule break. No one should be talking in /b about it regardless, as the proper procedure is to /report the situation and continue IC if that happens. 

12 hours ago, Requiem said:

If someone is messing up RP/doing incorrect RP as you explain, then its likely a rule break. No one should be talking in /b about it regardless, as the proper procedure is to /report the situation and continue IC if that happens. 

Yeah I saw this but seeing several others do this with either help from people around the area or them just ignoring the entire situation, I either thought it wasn't enforced or changed overtime. Thanks for the reminder that it's a ban able offense. Even though there is a rule against it, I still don't think it validates the previous response as it doesn't stop people from abusing mechanics or rules of many and that no matter what you add, people will always abuse it. 

Edited by OakaLucifer