checkky

Civ RP is dead

Server suffers from a lack of cohesive development and when I say development, I don't mean just script additions.  I mean anything from the scripting to the mods to the rules the staff team come up with to the server events to the factions and how they behave. Development suffers somewhat from being absent from the actual playing experience. Staff try really hard and I don't envy them at all but there's far too much of people pushing their preference on a player-base that from what I see needs something completely different.

I don't know who looked at our player base and thought, take the NCZs away from police and hospitals, what could go wrong there?
I don't know who looks at our report section and thinks, lets start punishing the players that just tell people to do things, as well.
In an era when development requests have never been so high, I'm not sure who looks at the injured state and things, you know what we need? Blood FX.

It's not like I have all the answers either, some of the stuff I've put in or want to put in is probably counterproductive as well but at least my approach is appeasing as many people as I possibly can, because I understand that this community is only maintaining the size that it is, because of the success it's built for itself in the past when it was focused, the lack of a viable alternative server and most critically, the almost blind loyalty and faith that players such as myself continue to show in the server.

Sometimes you have to take a step back, to go forwards again but no one seems to like admitting they've made a mistake.

I think if the server is focused on making cops and crims happy as the OP suggested, I don't think it's doing a great job and if civilians are even more side-lined then I really feel for them. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it dead but it can surely use some improvement, 

I'd like to share my journey so far in applying for guides to become an official legal faction. Around six weeks ago, I submitted my application for the guides. (The faction had been actively posting for around 2 months when I applied) Up to this point, there has been no positive or negative feedback. We are keeping our faction's thread active, and we've actively organized numerous internal and external events within the city. Despite our continued efforts, the gradual response from the faction management leaves me a little discouraged. I am planning to be running this faction official or not but it would surely help with the benefits it would bring once we get there.

I'll provide an update when/if I do receive a response.

1 hour ago, KimTaek said:

Around six weeks ago, I submitted my application for the guides. (The faction had been actively posting for around 2 months when I applied) Up to this point, there has been no positive or negative feedback.

This is another topic for discussion however, there should be more incentive for applying for a official legal faction, than a F4 menu and maybe a property. 

18 minutes ago, Checkky said:

This is another topic for discussion however, there should be more incentive for applying for a official legal faction, than a F4 menu and maybe a property. 

We already have our own HQ, f4 menu is something we are looking forward to but have our own way of tracking members so not a big deal. This is more for getting access to a company bank account to make payments to members, getting access to faction vehicles, and getting access to placing some prompts. There are more ideas on the books that I won't share but they were shared in the application. 

On 8/25/2023 at 9:11 AM, KimTaek said:

getting access to faction vehicles

They don't give out faction vehicles unless that has changed and this just isn't updated anymore. Also the Tier 1 clothing option hasn't been implemented yet but was in the works a while ago, but got pushed back to launch the new criminal updates.