Willy Pete

Firearms License Reduced Time

Been playing the server for 5 years, I've been told you CAANOT get a firearms license with a felony no matter the previous time. I have an attempted murder charge from over 3 years ago and limits what I can do on the server, not being able to join legal factions or approved for certain government amenities. Seems unfair that once my character is made there is no changing direction. It's just a game, give people 2nd chances to be able to change the type of RP they do and do something other than crim or cop on this cops n robbers server. 

-1 In real life you also won't be able to become a cop when you got attempted murder charge no matter what.

+1 BUT i believe you should be able to maybe do the felon application at DOC if the crime is like 1 -2 years old. I would also say that there should be an offer for ex criminals that want to change directions that they need to undergo some sort of program where they need to show good behavior to possibly get a Job at weazel or something and after that they could use that job to transfer to other legal jobs.  

• Upvote 1

There’s multiple ic avenues you can pursue. I have one character with felonies who now has a legal gun and another with felonies that works at weazel.

That being said, the rules behind that stuff are handled IC by the government and/or police.

1 hour ago, JamesMorgan said:

I would also say that there should be an offer for ex criminals that want to change directions that they need to undergo some sort of program where they need to show good behavior to possibly get a Job at weazel or something and after that they could use that job to transfer to other legal jobs.  

There are several ic things that do exactly this.

On 6/7/2023 at 2:57 PM, Willy Pete said:

Been playing the server for 5 years, I've been told you CAANOT get a firearms license with a felony no matter the previous time. I have an attempted murder charge from over 3 years ago and limits what I can do on the server, not being able to join legal factions or approved for certain government amenities. Seems unfair that once my character is made there is no changing direction. It's just a game, give people 2nd chances to be able to change the type of RP they do and do something other than crim or cop on this cops n robbers server. 

You've been lied to. You can. https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewtopic.php?t=54254