Zero_0

Trucking.

First of all i love trucking so i might be a little bit biased. Ive been working trucking for a while now and ive noticed that loading and unloading cargo doesnt really scale as much to where its worth it to do. ive sat for a total for atleast 35 minutes just loading and unloading and roughly 2 minutes max driving to my destination.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I4HpR8Kh08 10 minutes of just sitting there waiting to unload.) the sad part about it is it was a $5000 contract. In that amount of time i couldve gotten 30k mining. i just wish the payment for the job scales with how long a job takes like how cones are for road work. spending 35 minutes doing absolutely nothing and just waiting for the bar to go up is not a good RP scenario. its not a waiting simulator, its a trucking roleplay.

Edited by Zero_0

First off I think trucking is one of the best freelance jobs you can do that is actually worth doing due to the money.

I think they payment is suitable for the job because lets be real what RP is done by trucking?
You drive to a depot, load, drive to location, unload, repeat. Throughout the loading and unloading people probably sit watching netflix or youtube.

So I think its a good balance, if you are willing to sit there and do trucking there is little RP in fact near 0 RP done, So why should the truckers be paid more? At the same time you get paid a fair bit which builds up over time just for driving between locations pretty much avoiding other people so it is a great job to do for the money it gives (especially when player owned business order more) 

I'm no way against trucking as I do that whenever I have time, it's a good job to do, but truckers shouldn't be paid more for sitting AFK. If there was more RP done throughout the process then yeah I'd support this.

As you said,

1 hour ago, Zero_0 said:

spending 35 minutes doing absolutely nothing and just waiting for the bar to go up is not a good RP scenario. its not a waiting simulator, its a trucking roleplay.

This is why I've been digging into the amount of RP done, 35 minutes doing nothing, no interactions. As you said it's not a good rp scenario. More RP is needed before anyone can consider payments are too low. Lower effort should = lower pay not more.

edit: I forgot to add, the clip you showed I believe that was a player made order, not sure how the pricing works exactly that end, I'm assuming that's on the business

Edited by Richie194
missed a bit

20 minutes ago, Gali Vantis said:

it would be great if you could get out of the truck while its unloading, that way you could RP bathroom breaks or go into the stores for snacks, even RP with people coming and going to the store or location you are delivering too. 

yea actually would give us something to do besides just sitting in a truck for 5-10 minutes waiting for everything to unload.

41 minutes ago, Richie194 said:

This is why I've been digging into the amount of RP done, 35 minutes doing nothing, no interactions. As you said it's not a good rp scenario. More RP is needed before anyone can consider payments are too low. Lower effort should = lower pay not more.

edit: I forgot to add, the clip you showed I believe that was a player made order, not sure how the pricing works exactly that end, I'm assuming that's on the business

it doesn't necessarily have to be low effort = low pay. you also are putting the time in when if its low effort. making the load and unloading processes just makes it a little bit more balanced IMO. 

44 minutes ago, Richie194 said:

I think they payment is suitable for the job because lets be real what RP is done by trucking?
You drive to a depot, load, drive to location, unload, repeat. Throughout the loading and unloading people probably sit watching netflix or youtube.

So I think its a good balance, if you are willing to sit there and do trucking there is little RP in fact near 0 RP done, So why should the truckers be paid more?

thats why im saying to scale the job payments  lower paying contracts should have low times and higher paying contracts should higher payments. your basically competing for contracts with other truckers anyways and you dont even know how long the loading and unloading would be since after 10000 units of an item the tab only shows 100ths (like a contract would be 150000 but if you actually view the contract details it would only show 150). as you said rp for trucking is near 0 it doesnt have to be completely 0 for 30 minutes.

46 minutes ago, Zero_0 said:

it doesn't necessarily have to be low effort = low pay. you also are putting the time in when if its low effort. making the load and unloading processes just makes it a little bit more balanced IMO. 

I understand this point and yeah, I can see how it could be deemed balanced but throughout the waiting process people go afk or sit watching youtube while they wait for the process to be done. I see it as low effort due to the 0 RP done and how people go AFK.

50 minutes ago, Zero_0 said:

scale the job payments  lower paying contracts should have low times and higher paying contracts should higher payments.

It depends on how big of a scale you are asking for. I can agree with the fuel job you did  you should at at least get 4k but no more than 10k-20k  cause then what's the point of all the other jobs. For most auto generated jobs the payment is fine. Yet again I don't really understand how the player based orders work but for the fuel jobs that come up like you had should have a minimum payment.

If you matched the payment to a job like the fuel one you had and let's say you started to earn 23k from that job. What's the point of road working, ATM's, Fishing, mining. I can agree but only if it is balanced with the other jobs. Right now the jobs on the server are ridiculous as its better to be in DOC as a prisoner than to do freelance work.