dvdcostin06

chops giving way less then they should!

17 minutes ago, BruciebearTV said:

Cause you're chopping player vehicles and not the npc spawned vehicles. Player vehicles go for less now why idk.. but that's how it is.

bro i chopped a dominator. I checked like an hour later it was despawned. I really doubt it was a player car.

also in my experience player cars are way harder to pick and hotwire, this one wasnt.

if you can get footage of urself getting a tire and trying to sell it for normal price im gonna try again myself and see if this was a one time error or not

I don't think this is a bug, just the way it is now other parts sell for more money like the engine and scrap metal, you just gotta find out how to get them 😄

I'm pretty sure the price goes down when someone sells to the NPC top, kinda like how drugs work.

Edited by Chilo

You don't need a toolbox to chop those parts now, no? Likely due to dealer price decline due to an oversupply from other players. Honestly man, chopping really isn't worth it. I can kind of see why the Rooks lore preaches against it. The old system wasn't any more profitable, but the RP that came from it was more interesting, and the start-up was non-existent.

I thoroughly enjoy the increased engagement with the mechanics of using tools like a consaw, and being able to bring realism into the process is a nice plus. I also support the hotwiring and lockpicking changes, because it was obviously annoying not being able to park your car anywhere without fear of it being stolen. But I feel the pendulum is now on the polar opposite end, where player owned Grand Theft Auto rarely, if ever, occurs. People might break into them for valuables, but they don't waste their time stealing them anymore. 

The best aspect of the old chop system was the RP you received from players protecting their car, or tracking you to stop the chop. You just don't have that with chops now, and instead you fear being mobbed by a huge gang, effectively losing your investment, and profit potential.

I've said before that there's more money in stealing chop shops than actually running one. And there's also less risk--you can't call the cops because your illegal business got raided. 

Simply put, the price is low due to IC reasons, but the system is flawed for OOC reasons. 

30 minutes ago, Kommand said:

You don't need a toolbox to chop those parts now, no? Likely due to dealer price decline due to an oversupply from other players. Honestly man, chopping really isn't worth it. I can kind of see why the Rooks lore preaches against it. The old system wasn't any more profitable, but the RP that came from it was more interesting, and the start-up was non-existent.

I thoroughly enjoy the increased engagement with the mechanics of using tools like a consaw, and being able to bring realism into the process is a nice plus. I also support the hotwiring and lockpicking changes, because it was obviously annoying not being able to park your car anywhere without fear of it being stolen. But I feel the pendulum is now on the polar opposite end, where player owned Grand Theft Auto rarely, if ever, occurs. People might break into them for valuables, but they don't waste their time stealing them anymore. 

The best aspect of the old chop system was the RP you received from players protecting their car, or tracking you to stop the chop. You just don't have that with chops now, and instead you fear being mobbed by a huge gang, effectively losing your investment, and profit potential.

I've said before that there's more money in stealing chop shops than actually running one. And there's also less risk--you can't call the cops because your illegal business got raided. 

Simply put, the price is low due to IC reasons, but the system is flawed for OOC reasons. 

brother, the issue isn't that chopping is flawed or not. It went from giving 500 bucks per tire to 62!

I think that either (by some immense unfortune) picked a car that looked like an npc car and was placed like an npc car, or that the current prices are bugged.

I just want to know which one it is.

you chopped a player car, it despawned after a time period because unless you park your car in parking, a house, a apt, or garage its about 2 hours before your vehicle just disappears and will reappear when you login (to save server fps).

I chop cars DAILY, player owned cars give absolutely nothing to counteract about a year ago, when you could not even get gas without your car being stolen cause they chopped for 6k+, NOW player owned cars can be actually left on the street and shit instead of constantly being parked up because they chop for like 60$ a tire.

NPC cars are here for a reason. So you chop those instead of players cars. was a W update because buying my car back from mors for 10K+ every 4 hours was really cringe

TLDR - Not a Bug, Chopped a player owned car over a NPC car

Edited by XeV
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, XeV said:

you chopped a player car, it despawned after a time period because unless you park your car in parking, a house, a apt, or garage its about 2 hours before your vehicle just disappears and will reappear when you login (to save server fps).

I chop cars DAILY, player owned cars give absolutely nothing to counteract about a year ago, when you could not even get gas without your car being stolen cause they chopped for 6k+, NOW player owned cars can be actually left on the street and shit instead of constantly being parked up because they chop for like 60$ a tire.

NPC cars are here for a reason. So you chop those instead of players cars. was a W update because buying my car back from mors for 10K+ every 4 hours was really cringe

TLDR - Not a Bug, Chopped a player owned car over a NPC car

ok so today I tried again and it turns out that I did in fact chop a player car.

I did not know that it was a player car since it was parked, and looked like a normal npc car.

I deeply apologize, to both the person reading this for wasting their time and the person whose car I chopped.