JohnnydaHo

Inconsistent ruling regarding demands

So after over a year operating under the rule change that demands are NOT necessary to grant DM rights, the latest ruling in a report made by Alex Sainz now tells us that it is extremely important that demands be given before shots are fired. I suspect that this is just a case where the moderator who handled the report needs more training to catch up with the rule change that was made over a year ago however I have to ask….does this ruling signal a teversal back to the old days requiring demands?

• Like 1
  • dead 1

That is not what the new rule says. It does not matter how clear your demands you just can’t start shooting someone for failing to comply with your demands. It is not an either or situation……you always need sufficient escalation and once you have that it is okay to shoot regardless of demands. There have been a ton of rulings over the past year saying this.

I would have to look at the report for myself, but I would suspect the ruling was either inconsistent as you said, or more likely that the demands were mentioned for escalation purposes. Server staff have consistently said that demands to not equal DM rights on their own, necessary escalation is needed. Perhaps the demands that were being referred to in this instant were meant to be part of that escalation.

Its really a case by case thing and not all situations are going to be the same. The background and lead up to any particular situation needs to be analyzed and understood to properly understand if escalation was present. Its all for the sake of good RP. No one wants a deathmatch/pvp server where everyone just shoots on sight. 

Edited by Bill Breacher