MrDodgeballWizard

A way to show players you're recording

Hello!

Just thought I would throw a lovely suggestion. Instead of doing /do to show you are recording someone to report them for a crime; my suggestion was to add an in-game clothing item you can wear whenever you are recording someone. Like a little mini Go Pro that can sit on your head or something like that ^^

IMO we shouldn't even need anything to showoff that someone is recording. So many people will behave infront of people who recod and then go ham somewhere else.

We can catch more players breaking rules without this feature which will keep the server more clean of abusers,metagmers etc whatever they are doing.

Hello!

Just thought I would throw a lovely suggestion. Instead of doing /do to show you are recording someone to report them for a crime; my suggestion was to add an in-game clothing item you can wear whenever you are recording someone. Like a little mini Go Pro that can sit on your head or something like that ^^

I don't think you have to let them know that you are recording, and better not cause like eVical said, we will catch more people breaking rules when they don't know they are being recorded.

Lol what? I never let people know I am recording. No one will break the rules if they know they're being recorded lol.

I agree with this. It would be just stupid everyone would play nice when someone is recording they leave and it becomes a riot

I think the OP is talking about collecting evidence to report IC crimes, not OOC rules.

Oh well for that there could be just a phone and when you type in a like /record or /film it would auto say e.g. "Paul Stills pulls out a phone and starts recording" My bad i thought he meant ooc crimes cause that would be ....

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

I think it'd save developers some time if you simply RP the recording from your phone, and occasionally let people around you know in i.e. /do that you'd be holding a phone pointed towards them. Though, it's up to them in the end how far they wish to go with the developing.

If you intend on using said footage to report a crime, it should be mandatory that you provide evidence that proves that you actually did role-play taking the footage.

/me reaches into his pocket as he withdraws his brand new Samsung Galaxy S8.

/me turns his phone's camera system on as he switches it to recording mode, he then initiates the recording.

/me holds the camera pointed towards John Doe.

/me stops his phone's camera recording as he pockets it.

And sometimes.

/do You'd see me holding a phone pointed towards John Doe. (If i.e. new players come into the RP scenario, those who didn't have a chance to see the previous RP).

Though, I am supportive of the idea! I just think it can be done without developing a script for it, but if the developers feel that it's not time consuming or too difficult, go for it. It just makes it neater.