Vespucci Carl

1 month of Criminal; with suggestions

Recently, I’ve swapped over from legal to criminal

Issue

- Early Game criminal/solo play is impossible 

Solution 

Create viable things for people to get intregated to crime that newer players can involve with.

- Public chop -chop cars without initial investment  for reduced money. ($2,500 per chop car)

- Scrapping - Taking metal from certain locations and selling to recycler (300 per for copper/150 for piping)

- Balance ATMs - High risk/low reward. (2000 instead of $900-$1100)

—————————————————-

Fines/DOC

I was arrested, and broken out of police car, and taken; I turned my self in right after I was released by kidnappers. 
60k and 13,000 seconds 

store robbery; 40k in losses/12000 seconds for a chance to make 7k.

Problem: Crime doesn’t pay, for intermediate criminals either; 

Solution: allow player to have increased times for no or reduced fines.

Criminal RP- 

this is a slippery slippery slope; I feel like this is very subjective and based on way too many factors, I think Gang HQS should have smaller area(as long as no public areas that need to be accessible around) that allow DM in. If you approach a gangs HQ and it’s highlighted on the map; It should be escalation, this can provide a lot of fun RP scenarios. 

• Like 1

+1/-1

I think you've nailed a lot of the reasons why crims don't do criminal activities. The risk vs reward just doesn't make it worth the effort and if you're a small group or solo it's just impossible to get started. Even learning the basics needs to be done AFTER joining a group these days.

That being said the more you play as a criminal the more time you'll start to spend in DOC and the more you will eventually hate being there. (Not DOC faction members fault. They're top tier.) Recently staff increased fines in order to lower the amount of time a player will spend in DOC and implemented a system that allows you to serve your sentence while you're still logged out which is a step in the right direction. 

I personally don't want to see the community go back on that but increased fines does compound the risk vs reward issue that criminals face with criminal activities. Giving these activities a slight bump in payout like you mentioned would help offset this.

Gang HQs should be considered heavily guarded though and you should need a good reason to roll in on it looking for a fight.  Sometimes gangs have small events or RP scenarios and it's just kind of a dick move to roll up on someone while they're doing these types of activities.

Great thoughts and thank you for adding to the conversation.

I really like the idea of scrapping for like a freelance crim job! Similar to how woodwhacking works where you just purchase something to able to do it. This allows for some fun minor crim RP to get you introduced to the life of crime. From my understanding, this is a real thing that happens IRL and people will chop up pipes and fencing and give it to recycling centers. 

All in all, we need a lot more petty crime that introduces people to crim RP while also not having such a steep loss like robbing stores. 

13 hours ago, TheOwl said:

+1/-1

I think you've nailed a lot of the reasons why crims don't do criminal activities. The risk vs reward just doesn't make it worth the effort and if you're a small group or solo it's just impossible to get started. Even learning the basics needs to be done AFTER joining a group these days.

That being said the more you play as a criminal the more time you'll start to spend in DOC and the more you will eventually hate being there. (Not DOC faction members fault. They're top tier.) Recently staff increased fines in order to lower the amount of time a player will spend in DOC and implemented a system that allows you to serve your sentence while you're still logged out which is a step in the right direction. 

I personally don't want to see the community go back on that but increased fines does compound the risk vs reward issue that criminals face with criminal activities. Giving these activities a slight bump in payout like you mentioned would help offset this.

Gang HQs should be considered heavily guarded though and you should need a good reason to roll in on it looking for a fight.  Sometimes gangs have small events or RP scenarios and it's just kind of a dick move to roll up on someone while they're doing these types of activities.

Great thoughts and thank you for adding to the conversation.

I was in gang: who had constant traffic, outside HQ; we ended up asking one of them to leave. 

Which resulted in a kidnapping (from them)

which resulted in us trying to retaliate,(trying to kidnap one of them)

which ended up in a report. (Not enough escalation considering the person we kidnapped wasn’t the person who kidnapped us).

That’s why; I feel like someone coming on your HQ (like in real life) would result in getting absolutely smoked. Mabye we should of reported for not trying to kidnap us after asking one of them to leave but; then it really just feels like we are fighting rivals with reports vs bullets.

Mabye; if your a gang; you should have some type of item like a shirt or hoody with the gang your in: and any type of gang vs gang: content you must be “flagged” with something that indicates your a gang member, so retaliation would be allowed. Without innocent players being caught in the middle while gangs would be able to retaliate fairly. 
(once a gang identifyer is equipped you must wait X amount  of time to remove: (I may make this a separate suggestion.

Edited by Vespucci Carl