Spizor

Tool Chest

Date and time (provide timezone): 5:10 PM UTC, 28/APR/2022

Character name: Reece Halstead

Issue/bug you are reporting: Once the tool chest is placed, placing other tools even when I am right next to it gives me an error "You must be inside a chopshop".

Expected behavior: Once the tool chest is placed, you should be able to place other tools like the car lift, engine hoist within the area of the tool chest.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: Place tool chest, place other tools within the area of it and it won't let you

Edited by Spizor
  • Like 1

This happened to us as well, and the solution we found is that one person has to place all components of the chop. One of us couldn't see the lift in inventory, and I was asked to place it after they had already placed the tool chest. I was unable to do so, getting the error message mentioned above, until I myself took down the tool chest and then set it back up. I was able to place every other component after I did that. 

1 hour ago, arstrophysics said:

This happened to us as well, and the solution we found is that one person has to place all components of the chop. One of us couldn't see the lift in inventory, and I was asked to place it after they had already placed the tool chest. I was unable to do so, getting the error message mentioned above, until I myself took down the tool chest and then set it back up. I was able to place every other component after I did that. 

Thank you.

Only way around this problem I've found is to logout and log back in. It will let you finish placing everything. Then I run into a problem with the Consaw part of the chop, it states that I'm not in a chop shop. To bypass that I again have to logout and log back in and it will let me use the Conesaw. Far from ideal but it works for now, hope this helps some.