Raven52

Deactivate civilian drop points while EMS is on duty. READ ENTIRE POST

I wanna make it clear that I do not wanna see drop points removed for civilians all together. I feel that if there is a way to have them be deactivated once a member of EMS goes on duty then activated when no medics are on duty it would enhance the RP for EMS and make the faction great again. I see to many times where we are a mile out and either a civilian or LEO will just "self transport" instead of allowing EMS to get there and enjoy some RP as well.

As a medic it can get quite boring at times and these calls are a large majority of what we have to keep the job interesting. I do realize that these drop points are needed, but if a medic is on the way, people need to stop self transporting. I feel it is causing medical RP to go downhill fast. I have even been told, "why do we even need medics" ICly. Please think this over and if the way I stated is not possible, please think up a way to slow down self transporting by civilians and LEOs. 

Thank you, 

J Bmore

Edited by Dabbinfire
  • NAY 2

I get it, it's an issue but I don't think this is the way to solve it. Yeah, there might be MD on duty, but if it's only one you're going to need to wait for a medic sometimes, and sometimes that will mean that the person died. I don't think that is the way. There should be a bigger incentive for people to want to call MD rather than forcing people to do it, I think.

I understand your point but imagine if you're the only medic on duty.   30 LSPD 30 LSSD.  The whole city depends on you.

You have to respond to 911 calls, respond to PD calls, respond to Dispatch calls.  At the current state, LSPD and LSSD accept MD calls to assist. If your faction had 15 players on duty every day, this could be up to discussion.

As a veteran MD player at this point (Alex Mpache), people 'trunking' other people is at an all time high which drives MD motivation down, because your core is being taken away. 

I do not agree with the suggestion, but I would like to see a greater "punishment" for being "healed" by a civilian. Currently, there is no difference to the wellness debuff when we compare an MD dropoff and civilian carry. I'd say a hefty increase in price, combined with a HEFTY increase to the wellness debuff, including the "just got treated" animation, should be introduced when dropped by Non-MD.

PS: An alternative could be a "respawn" timer. You get dropped off by MD, you pop out instantly. You get dropped off by Non-MD, you have to wait 2 minutes inside the ICU, frozen and on a bed (would work like a sentence, so the script can sort of be recycled!). 
Could even have a VIP integration - cut down the waiting time by 35% or something.

Edited by Pujdo

12 hours ago, Pujdo said:

As a veteran MD player at this point (Alex Mpache), people 'trunking' other people is at an all time high which drives MD motivation down, because your core is being taken away. 

I do not agree with the suggestion, but I would like to see a greater "punishment" for being "healed" by a civilian. Currently, there is no difference to the wellness debuff when we compare an MD dropoff and civilian carry. I'd say a hefty increase in price, combined with a HEFTY increase to the wellness debuff, including the "just got treated" animation, should be introduced when dropped by Non-MD.

PS: An alternative could be a "respawn" timer. You get dropped off by MD, you pop out instantly. You get dropped off by Non-MD, you have to wait 2 minutes inside the ICU, frozen and on a bed (would work like a sentence, so the script can sort of be recycled!). 
Could even have a VIP integration - cut down the waiting time by 35% or something.

I like this allot. I do not think deactivating the drops with only one medic on is the answer, however if it could be done in a way you are stating it could help boost call volume.

Let me make myself clear..... I would not want the drop spots deactivated with only 1 medic on. Maybe a certain amount on like 5 then deactivate. I mainly wanted everyone to be able to weigh in on new ideas. I feel like LSEMS needs a complete rework top to bottom, I have been there almost 15 months and little has changed. I love my time Rping with the faction but I feel it gets very boring sitting for 3 hours and getting 2 calls most the time. Not all the time......