AtlasOLimbo

Improved Balance of Eclipse PvP

Armor

The current state of armor in Eclipse is rather painful as a criminal player myself. And I even found it rather unfair when I was in PD. While I understand the readiness in availability for a criminal versus an officer, this does not warrant the current AP values given to law enforcement. I've talked this over in the Discord a few times and it seems at least a few LEOs can agree with this statement. I propose a reduction in the AP of LEOs armor.

Proposal 1
Concealed Vest (Hidden completely visibly, equipped by default)
50 AP -> 35 AP. (30% reduction.)

Standard Kevlar (Can be seen, typically worn)
100 AP -> 70 AP (30% reduction.)

METRO/Heavy Duty Kevlar (Deployed in high-risk scenarios.)
??? (150?) AP -> 105 AP (30% reduction.)

Proposal 2

Concealed Vest (Hidden completely visibly, equipped by default)
50 AP -> 30 AP. (40% reduction.)

Standard Kevlar (Can be seen, typically worn)
100 AP -> 60 AP (40% reduction.)

METRO/Heavy Duty Kevlar (Deployed in high-risk scenarios.)
??? (150?) AP -> 120 AP (20% reduction.)

I tried to make some kind of standardized system here, I believe that LEOs should have higher AP at least at the very high end when compared to that of civilians. Concealed vests aren't even available to criminals for example (AFAIK). I decided to make a doubling system with each tier. 30, 60, 120 with my second option. For the first I just applied a 30% reduction to all, which seems reasonable in its own right. The common proposal has been to reduce standard down to 50 which I don't necessarily agree with. Criminals have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for the luxury of armor. LEOs do not. That is something that is definitely realistic, but should be taken into consideration for the sake of a video game!

Weapons

This is an area I feel much less comfortable speaking on due to lack of proper experience with these weapons and lack of exact values. I'll simply recommend some damage increases to weapons I know need them. These values are rather arbitrary and open to discussion.

Micro UZI (Typically used by crims, fell out of favour due to low damage.)
+10% Damage.

SMG (Commonly available to LEOs, pushed aside by crims due to cost/bang comparison not being worth it.)
+15% Damage.

• Like 4