TheOwl

Action RP Events

I know action RP is a touchy subject but I think creativity surrounding action RP should be promoted and incentivized more. Everyone wants to do it but the RP falls off over a player's natural reluctance to lose in an improvised situation where they are uncertain on how their opposition will react.

I really think it would be beneficial for Faction Management and Admins to oversee a space (ie. Discord group) where faction leaders can brainstorm creative events surrounding conflict. You can limit it to once a month per faction and PD/SD should be included in this.

For instance; SD needs to move X amount of drugs from Paleto/Sandy Shores to one of the PD precincts in the city. An official gang gets tipped off and decides to risk hitting the convoy.

Or Lost have an opportunity to sell barrels of oil at an inflated price and so obtain X amount of oil to be dropped off at a location. But LSD have been tipped off anonymously and have an opportunity to show up at the drop location and confront them for it.

If PD/SD manage to win this conflict they can be awarded a cash bonus and an award for outstanding bravery...if they live.

The faction that wins the confrontation for the oil can have their payment deposited into the treasury.

The amount of money given can be based purely on the creativity and level of RP shown  between factions during the event. I think having an ooc understanding of the situation both factions are heading into would alleviate some of that reluctance and end up being a lot of fun win or lose.

I also think this might help promote healthier relationships on an OOC level amongst all factions across the server. The examples I've given are two that came off the top of my head. Faction leaders working together to create unique action RP events that could meaningfully impact their lore could be far more creative than that.

Just a thought.

We trialed something like this recently with a money truck with $50,000 cash in it being transported and tipped off via weazel. 

There was flaws from this and we've been given feedback from those involved on both criminal and non-criminal side to hopefully iron out the flaws moving forward but this is something we're looking to do more of so keep an eye out! Feel free to dump some more ideas of potential events like this here so we can draw inspiration!

• Like 1