Skengprostie

Don't ban banned people from everything

This is a question as well as a suggestion, but recently I got banned and I plan on making ban appeals as such and keeping in connection with the community and I like to see what is going on and I can do that on the forums by looking at the reports and discussions.

However on the discord server and on the eclipse panel I am denied access to do anything I cannot even see the panel and it just tells me to make a ban appeal, my suggestion is to make it so if people get banned they can still talk in the discord with the community and look on the server panel to remember there progress and look at things relating to the server, I have spent allot of time on the forums talking and staying in touch which is one of the main reasons why I want to create a ban appeal more to get back in the actual server itself and I feel like if there other people that are banned and have the opportunity to stay in touch looking at the community through things like the discord and looking at there progress and what they lost on the panel then they as well may fell more compelled towards creating a ban appeal themselves and accepting what they did wrong and make a change to become better which would then bring them back to the server increasing the quality of their and others RP and increasing the server pop more.

The question is, is there a reason why banned people can only see the forums and cannot see the discord and the server panel, I understand that they should be banned from the discord if they started ripping into the admins that issued the punishment and being negative/toxic but I see nothing wrong with people like me who just want to talk and interact, I have seen some people in the past have the same role as me that says game-banned but however are still speaking in the discord, I don't know there circumstance but if there is a way I can get back into the server panel and the discord I would like to know.

Long story short my suggestion is to not ban people banned from the game itself from the discord and the server panel.

Edited by Skengprostie
spelling

Hey, thanks for the suggestion.

The banned member role on the discord is an intended feature which aims to prevent banned players from sending messages in the discord. This is partially due to the negative actions of other banned players who took the liberty in sending slanderous, disrespectful and quite simply put unacceptable messages following their game bans. At this point in time, our stance is that banned players should not be able to communicate in the discord for the simple reason that they are temporarily not involved in the community. 

In regards to the panel, we do agree that players should be able to revisit their administrative logs in the panel. We also wish to change the wording that players can message staff members over discord in regards to their ban and or subsequent appeal, as we intend on moving any and all communication in regards to this over the forums. We will be working on these changes moving forward, however there is no set deadline on when this will happen. Know that it has at least been acknowledged with the intention of fixing it.

Suggestion Locked & Archived.

• Like 1