Lipq

Revamp of the drop off system

Hello everyone

I have had the idea for a revamp of the current drop off system for the numerous freelance jobs available such as mining, fishing, hunting etc.

The way it works currently is a case of, you do the job, and take the respective product to one of the drop locations to sell and get your money, even though this way works and doesn't have issues as a way of selling things I feel that it negates a lot of opportunity for role play, leaving a void for player interaction that could be filled.

So this is what my proposal is:

Allow players to run these drop offs, and control the pricing of the goods bought.

Let's say Gang A decides to open their own slaughterhouse where they purchase meat's from different animals in a similar fashion to how the current butchery works, they set the prices and they can be sold there, adverts could be made, giving weasel news more work and role play opportunities via advertisements, and the location would have to be found IC'ly just the same as how it would work IRL as new businesses open every day. But then at the same time, Gang B for example, could open their own slaughterhouse, and potentially try to undercut Gang A's one with pricing, creating competition withing the business, and rewarding the players who take their time to look in to what slaughterhouse has the best prices (I'm using slaughter house as an example obviously, this could be done for all the other jobs too), this would also allow for gangs to front their illegal activities and actually be able to properly legitimize their income, rather than having an rp business that gets used once a month to get a few screenshots for a forum post. This would also then mean that the respective members could hang out at the business legitimately without getting hassled.

Making the products purchased have a purpose, would be required to make this work.

Obviously just purchasing the meat with no return on the investment in my previous example, would be no good as it would just be a pointless money sink, which wouldn't encourage anyone to use it so what could be done is having this implemented in to the larger scheme of things, for example having shops order the meat to supply the food goods they provide or even have the business owners themselves invest money in to making these goods in to burgers, tacos, etc. to then sell them to the shops and supply them, having truckers pick these orders up and deliver them, creating a more immersive and realistic experience.

What could also be done, is that the business owners could have their own sell points that only buy in bulk, or from a licensed business owners at a set price, that would be a guide line for the prices set out by the community, which would be an easier way of scripting this, but obviously it would be at the expense of player interaction. 

The former part requires more thought as all the jobs would need to be accounted for and a use for Wood, ores and oil would have to be thought of, hence if anyone has suggestions please drop them bellow.

I do however understand that this would take a lot of time and resources to implement but i feel that it would certainly be for the greater good of the server as a whole rather than a single variety of players, benefiting crims, civs and legal characters alike.

Let me know what you think guys 🙂 

• Upvote 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.