MikeyC55

Too Late?

Hey guys,

I am new to the GTA V RP scene and thought this looked like a nice server, with cool scripts, and a simple application process. However, I joined almost a week ago and have yet to see the server break 10 simultaneously online players, and with no AI I have spent most my time tediously sprinting through an empty city and have had zero, nada, zilch roleplay encounters. So, have I just joined this server past its prime? Or maybe it's just a fluke and I should wait it out?

Thank you!

-Mike

Hey Mike

I think it all depends on what time you're on and where you hang out. Few places like the mechanic workshops and PD, MD always have things going on.

Definitely stick with it as it can be great fun when you get into the swing of it and the servers a bit more populated. 

Edited by Phil McGee

Hey Mike. 

So to start this off you posted about a hour ago. I'm going to go on a whim and say you have a pretty far western or eastern timezone. That's already where you might have your issue, as this server I would argue peaks between 19:00 and 23:00 hours +0GMT. 

The server breaking is a ongoing issue relating to GT:MP, the client that we use due to it being fundamentally the best choice we have given our resources. We are waiting on the creation of a couple tools within another client before we switch over. At that point we'll see (hopefully) a large increase in stability. 

RP naturally goes to hubs, and while the server could do some work on hub development we do have them. You should go to LSC, Bayview and other mechanic shops; heck even mors in pretty much a hub. The RP is out there, and to a certain extent you can't just run around the empty corners of the city and wait for the RP to come to you. I understand that the current game mechanics place a emphasis on the grind for new players and take them away from RP; but that's something we can deal with. Just go hang out and have fun; having a fast car isn't necessary, having mates and a fun time actually enjoying the server is. 

So give it another shot Mike, a the crashes will fix. The RP, you gotta find that but I promise you its there. 

I'm in Arizona, USA. I just don't have the ability to wake up and play with school/jobs, but that's neither here nor there.

I guess hubs makes sense I was just hoping for a more fluid/dynamic experience. I have in no way been hiding in the corners of the map I just haven't seen more than 10 people on and the city is completely empty so grabbing the first civ I see and forcing some sort of instant RP encounter doesn't seem very amusing.

I in no way am trying to offend you guys or drag the server. I think the scripts are awesome and it would be a blast if the map felt alive and improvised roleplay situations were possible. It's a fair answer to just say the server is in a valley and we're building the community. I will definitely try to get on more around peak hours and look forward to playing alongside you guys and perhaps doing what I can to help the server grow so we can all get the experience we want.

On that note, please let me know if I can contribute in any way to help out with the community aside from just sharing it with friends etc.

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate them and hope to see you guys around.

-Mike