eradicati0n

Add a volume indicator whilst holding Push To Talk keys

This is a simple suggestion: add a volume meter visible on the screen whilst holding any Push To Talk key, be it Proximity, Phone, or Radio. This is something that I could see helping wide swathes of the community, and is something that, though small, would be a good Quality of Life addition to the server, as it would show you the volume of what you're outputting, regardless of which talking mode you have selected.

I've personally just bought a new microphone, an Elgato Wave 3, that runs all audio through a digital mixing software. Now when I start up RageMP, I have to fiddle with my settings to ensure that my voice is being heard properly in-game. This inevitably ends up with very strange conversations with my friends on radio or in person, with a slew of "Can you hear me? My throat is a bit tight this morning". Whilst I'm sure most people that play this game are using Plug + Play microphones or headset microphones, this eliminates the need to have this strange, borderline OOC conversations to ensure you can be heard.

On that note, how often have you met someone at bank, be it a new player or someone with 100,000 experience, that is just too damn loud? It seems a regular occurrence. This volume meter would help to indicate this to the player, as clipping into the red would probably indicate something is too loud.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.