Kazjii

Lawyers and Effects on Time Sentencing

I believe it would be such an upgrade for RP sakes and for inmates if there were to be a faction created solely on discussing evidence with the officers and applying it to attempt on getting a sentence lowered for inmates. Not only would this allow inmates to maybe get a charge knocked off if the evidence isn't as strong as it should be, but can also host a new range of rp. For an example, lawyer observes all the evidence and discusses with the inmate and tries to get a plea deal for an hour less sentence or so, then the lawyer discusses it to whoever would be appointed to raising or lowering sentences. Thus would be the start of a legal system that can improve role-play for all players and make the process of jail a little more entertaining since that has been a large issue. Theres SO MUCH that can be utilized and added here - we just need to establish.

Yeah i agree, it would be really cool if there was a faction for lawyers.

I feel like we really need this, getting a lowered sentence is huge if you have a 6 hour sentence for example. Unfortunately all you can do now is mine and that really doesn't do much other than knock 30 seconds off your sentence.

this allow inmates to maybe get a charge knocked off if the evidence isn't as strong

I feel this is definitely needed, as of now you cant do much in prison to get your sentence lowered. There's not even much to do in prison other than mine, talk to other players or play poker. Long sentences could be fun for the first 1-2 hours but it gets immensely boring if you have a 6 hour sentence. And for example on a good day i can put 2-3 hours into the game, spending 2 days where you're stuck in prison is not fun at all. And another issue with this is people who get long sentences just AFK it, and i see why.

I think you should have the option to take a case to court when you're being arrested, with a laywer, judge and audience attending. I'm not saying you should do this every time you're about to go to prison even if you're guilty, if this option does get added it should be used responsibly.

Theres SO MUCH that can be utilized and added here

I completely agree, imagine the RP of one of your family members going to court for a murder case or something along those lines, it would be soooo interesting and cool to experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InvestedCereal said:

I completely agree, imagine the RP of one of your family members going to court for a murder case or something along those lines, it would be soooo interesting and cool to experience.

This is exactly what I mean! Eclipse is top dog when it comes to character development - no other server has players that develop the story of their character more than eclipse/ I feel adding court would add not only to the story line but also to the intensity of possibly getting a lower sentence or even being acquitted. 

I and a few other officers RP criminals as 'having a lawyer' to get them out much earlier as it is as realistically wouldn't normally spend only 90 minutes er.. 'months' (7.5 years ref) in prison for murder.

Lawyers should definitely play some part though on something that could create a lot of RP and help a player get clean or create a clean record, that being record expungements. This RP can be done without a player in prison and at length in attempt to clear a persons name.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.