James_McNulty

How To Backup Your GTA V In Case Of Updates

rGcnyOk.png

I noticed a lot of people on Discord are freaking out and spamming the #I Have A Question section with requests for help or not understanding how to back up their game version in preparation for this coming update. No worries as I have typed out a simple tutorial for you all to back up your files easily. 

To backup your GTA V simply do the following

1 : Find your GTA V Root Folder

( For Non Steam - Program Files - Rockstar Games - Grand Theft Auto V )
( For Steam - Program Files - Steam - SteamApps - Common - Grand Theft Auto V )

2 : Create a folder on your desktop or documents folder called " GTA V Backup " 

3 : Copy / Paste the following files and folders into the just created " GTA V Backup " Folder 

( All files can be found in GTA Root Folder aside from Update.rpf which is within the " Update " Folder.)

- GTAV.exe
-GTAVLauncher.exe
- Update (folder)
- Update.rpf

4: If you have done everything accordingly you should have a folder that appears as so. When the update occurs, you can simply copy/paste these files back into their perspective destinations after and you will revert your game version.

Lxiqp9G.png