Brawnkoh

Timer Length Bug

Date and time (provide timezone): Recurring bug - Not a specific time required

Character name: Michael Reese

Issue/bug you are reporting:  Last night I had someone oocly ask if I had noticed any varying differences on timer length IC. Thaddeus_Grey had mentioned that Ariana_Grey's timer seemed to take much longer than his to complete tasks such as accessing inventories, houses, chopping cars, etc. Due to this, I tested it with them, as well as Jamaar_Bovarium. 4 of us attempted to open a bag at the exact same time. 3 of us were pretty close (within 1-2 seconds of opening the bag). Ariana_Young took roughly 8 seconds longer to open the same bag. While this isn't so bad on inventories, chopping cars (or anything with a long timer) makes an extremely drastic difference.

Expected behavior:  Timers should be the same for all parties as to not provide anyone with an advantage and/or disadvantage.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate

Get multiple people from different areas of the globe to all attempt to open a bag at the same time, timers will have a variance.

• Like 1

Like Michael stated, it was tested amongst four of us with a single bag and I always opened it first while Ariana always took more than double the time it took me. Outside of the bag test it was shown she was taking significantly longer as I could unlock our house, enter the house, and lock the house before she managed to get inside. The stash spot of the house also was tricky, as I was able to open the stash twice with room to spare in the time that she could open it once. Eating, drinking, and locking/unlocking the car also showed that she was taking two times as long as me. The chop timer also seemed to take longer for her but we did not accurately time it and see if she in fact took twice the time it takes myself. It does not seem like a significant bug at first but I think it would be nice to resolve it. We can get video proof in a little bit and add it to the thread if we need to.

Edited by seth