Raindance0

Hi all, fresh meat here

Hello,

Name’s Raindance, I come from San Andreas Multiplayer, the MP mod for one of Rockstars predecessors, GTA:SA. Used to play on several roleplaying servers there, mostly LSRP but also IBP for some who might remember.  I was mostly known as alpha back then. Any other ex-SAMP roleplayers around here? Would love to hear from you! 

Edited by Raindance0

3 hours ago, Raindance0 said:

Hello,

Name’s Raindance, I come from San Andreas Multiplayer, the MP mod for one of Rockstars predecessors, GTA:SA. Used to play on several roleplaying servers there.  I was mostly known as alpha back then. Any other ex-SAMP roleplayers around here? Would love to hear from you! 

Welcome!, I was on Next Generation Role Play (NGRP) and Los Santos Role Play (LSRP) back in the days of SAMP!. Good to see another old school SAMP player stepping into the next generation. Big difference you will notice is most of the RP occurs through the VOIP. So you do not need to do nearly as many /me's and /do's and other various /commands. Although it's still advised to utilize them within your roleplay when appropriate. Best of luck settling into the server!, best advice I can give is set some reasonable goals for yourself early. And of course choose what type of character you want to play on the server.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James_McNulty said:

Welcome!, I was on Next Generation Role Play (NGRP) and Los Santos Role Play (LSRP) back in the days of SAMP!. Good to see another old school SAMP player stepping into the next generation. Big difference you will notice is most of the RP occurs through the VOIP. So you do not need to do nearly as many /me's and /do's and other various /commands. Although it's still advised to utilize them within your roleplay when appropriate. Best of luck settling into the server!, best advice I can give is set some reasonable goals for yourself early. And of course choose what type of character you want to play on the server.

Yeah I personally prefer text based roleplay because I feel like my voice limits me to what I can roleplay, cause I think I sound corny when faking accents/voices. Although i must say its not as bad as I imagined it to be. Pro of using voice is that the police wont have the somewhat unfair advantage over criminals now. 

I didnt really run into many RP scenarios with much context yet. I guess my best bet is joining a faction if I’m looking for high standard roleplay?

Edited by Raindance0

12 hours ago, Raindance0 said:

Yeah I personally prefer text based roleplay because I feel like my voice limits me to what I can roleplay, cause I think I sound corny when faking accents/voices. Although i must say its not as bad as I imagined it to be. Pro of using voice is that the police wont have the somewhat unfair advantage over criminals now. 

I didnt really run into many RP scenarios with much context yet. I guess my best bet is joining a faction if I’m looking for high standard roleplay?

There are many player factions, both illegal and legal and official and unofficial. And I would say usually their standard for RP is generally higher. I have personally had my best RP with Los Santos Customs, EMS / FD and other factions ironically. That's not to say the general civilian player base is not skilled, but you will see a lot of people just being isolative and doing their own daily routines. Also based on the server population and map size there are certain " hot spots " where a lot of RP occurs.