Roderick

Prohibition of reformatio in peius in punishment appeals

In law, a reformatio in peius (Latin: "change for the worse") occurs when, as the result of an appeal, the appellant is put in a worse position than if they had not appealed. For example, an appellant in a criminal case might receive a more severe sentence on appeal than in their original trial.

As the title states, my suggestion is to implement this principle into the punishment appeals. In my opinion it is very wrong that players can be off worse by appealing their punishment, especially now this appeal is also being done by the same person. The punishment appeals' section is there for a reason - and rightly so. In my humble opinion players should be free to appeal their punishments if they feel they were unjustified and shouldn't be withheld of doing so by fear for added punishment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.