Astrox

Crime

Crime

Crime is something that haunts this server, and it really makes it either very enjoyable, or very shit. In my personal experience with crime and criminals, there are a few nice, and a lot of dicks. I've been robbed more times then I can count and it's so unrealistic it hurts. There are a few systems that can be put into place that will completely change the economy of the server, change the dynamic, and change the whole RP experience for everyone.

1: Gangs

Gangs - they basically control the city at this point, and they can do so because primarily it's a game and with that there are no real world restrictions on how they operate ect.

To counter this;

• Gangs should be an applied for feature, you need to have at least 4 members and apply - in this application to you need to exhibit multiple desirables such as an intent to provide good RP, a lore, future goals and a full set of rules.
  • There should be a set of rules specifically for these gangs, here's an example of a few; 

To create a gang, you must be able manage your gang properly. Anything that happens in your gang ultimately comes down to you as the leader. 

If the entirety of a gang is inactive for a month; a verbal warning will be issued. After which, you have ten days to resume activity before the gang is disbanded. 

You must choose what you want your gang to be, a mafia cannot operate like a street gang, visa versa.

• Gang wars should also be more regulated, there initially needs to be a good RP reason, and that RP reason needs evidence that will be shown to faction management. During the war, if you are killed you are PK'ed from it and unable to continue fighting it. There are two ways to end a war; Through finding peace, or when one gang completely wipes out the other, if the latter occurs, that gang will be disbanded and a "cadet" or a sub-version of that faction is free to start again.

• Gangs need to exhibit a higher level of RP than civilians, and that will be determined by faction management.

That's all I can really think of for gangs, however I'm sure there is way more.

2: Drugs and Guns.

This has probably been suggested, and probably disliked - however this is now at a point where it's needed, mostly for guns.

Weapons and Drugs should be imported - not only to a gang or to a specific person, but someone who exhibits consistent good RP as a criminal, and applies with that in hand. Gangs can also have drugs and guns imported, however they can only choose either drugs, or guns, or they can have a gang chopshop, where they receive 10% of all vehicles chopped there.

Drugs - 

Idea 1:

The way it would work is; Weed is growable, and you can do weed like you can now, however every other drug is impossible to make, it has to be imported by a gang or supplier. These specific gangs and suppliers cannot sell drugs at the drop off point, they have to sell it to players who can do so. They receive these drugs for free and in return are expected to RP very well. 

Idea 2:

The way it would work is; every drug has an addiction factor, however also have a lot of boosts, drugs are no longer sellable to a drop off point and are all circulated between players. This significantly slows down the drug trade and the economy therefore deflates.

• Weed: Very low addiction rate (takes a lot of get addicted) - Heals the player completely after consumption.
  • Cocaine: High addiction rate - adds "armour" to the player, making them stronger
  • Meth: Very high addiction rate - the player runs faster, and has added "armour".
  • Heroin: Extremely high addiction rate (addicted from first hit) - the player runs faster, is completely healed, and has full "armour"
  • LSD: Low addiction rate - intense visual changes, makes character stumble, heals health.

There are probably more that I'm not mentioning. You should also remember that yes, this will completely change the drug system and make it harder to make money - this is because this is about crime control, and if people don't know how to make money other then grinding the current drug system, then maybe they're better off playing Farming Simulator 2019.

Weapons - 

Weapons are imported by gangs or players in shipments, there is limited stock of weapons and they are only importable once a week. (remember this is per gang/supplier so there is more than these numbers in circulation per week).

• Pistols (all caliber): 2000x bullets, 20x pistols
  • SMG (all caliber): 3000x bullets, 20x SMGs
  • Shotguns (all caliber): 1000x shells, 15x shotguns
  • Assault rifles (all caliber): 2000x bullets, 10x assault rifles.

3: WANTED!

If you are a wanted felon and have not turned yourself in for two days, the police/detectives can freeze your assets, meaning that you have to work with cash, taking loans from your friends ect. This makes it much more realistic and harder for the criminal.

4: Prison Time.

Thanks for reading, if you agree with the suggestion LIKE it, or leave a +1, if you don't, then suggest things that you would change; it's undebatable that the crime needs to change.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Luke kuperus said:

All the suggestions except part 3 and 4 already a thing. 

They're not?

You make drugs

Anyone can form a gang, they just won't be official

I'm not sure on how weapons work but there's no limit on how many you can import.

Gangs:
1: All official gangs and most unofficial have dedicated faction handlers and a rule-set to follow for managing their gang. If you're not involved in a gang you may not notice this as it occurs behind the scenes.

2. For a gang to even apply for official they need an active player base greater than the minimum requirement and must display good RP. This is all tracked and managed as well.

3. Gang class tiers already exist and are followed by the majority of the gangs. There are: High, Middle, Low. This can all be found on the Faction Guidelines under Player Factions.

4. I agree that gang wars need to be more regulated, but having your char PK'd from the gang war would be terrible. One interaction and 95% of the war would be done, they would turn into normal shootouts and not wars if this was the case.

5. Gangs requiring to display higher quality RP than civilians, this point shouldn't apply to gang only. The entire server is encouraged to provide good RP at all times. If one person wasn't to follow this out an entire faction (both criminal and legal) I don't believe the faction deserves to be punished.

Drugs and Guns
1. I like the idea of importing both drugs and guns, however the street value for drugs would need to return to make this even worth time as it would just be a scripted import and then run to a scripted sell point reducing RP. Perhaps drug dealing (like you mentioned, however drop off points should stay.) and mat running could be implemented better to help with this. Mat running could be used to allow "Lower tier" criminals to gather the materials required to make lower class guns e.g. pistols and perhaps level up with XP eventually getting pump shotguns etc. This broadens the gun importing and selling RP as currently only official factions can import them illegally. 

2. I totally disagree with the point of restricting one gang to one operation. On paper this sounds like a good idea but if this was implemented all the gangs would go for the best money solution, leaving the others abandoned. All gangs should have full access to criminal activities as it's already limited as a system in it's current state.

3. I like the idea of reworking the benefits given from using the drugs. I believe this used to be implemented but was removed.

4. Gun imports are already restricted in the form of Official Factions and specific members importing, on top of this there is a minimum order quantity meaning if you want 1x Shotgun you have to order 10x Shotguns, restricting the open flow of guns by increasing import costs. With the import costs there is stock on every order, currently there is a problem at the rate the gun ammo stocks up. There are currently 5 gangs that share this limited ammo supply.

Wanted
1. I personally like the idea of this system however, it shouldn't be on a time based punishment it should be acquired from receiving certain charges, otherwise we're going to have half the server having their banks frozen over Reckless Operation Charges.

2. PD already have a way of convincing criminals to turn themselves in due to the constant warrant hunts and having vehicles impounded. I personally disagree with the RP of a Gang Criminal turning themselves in to sit out a "Max sentence" to receive their car out the impound. 

Prison Time
1. I agree that prison time should be increased with certain aspects but overall charge times need to be reduced. Currently you go in for a max sentence over 3 Reckless Operations.

2. Prison time if it was increased should still be kept reasonable, no one wants to come home from work or school to serve a 4 hour prison sentence. In my opinion prison time should go down when fully logged off of the game, meaning whilst a player is on an alt the prison time will not go down. 

3. Prison in it's current state feels like an OOC punishment for being a criminal due to the non-interactive way you serve the time and rarely produces any good RP. To help with this maybe prison jobs or other jobs can be added as an option to not serving the sentence. An example would be the player could mine rocks or clean the prison, each task reduces the sentence time left or the player could be a postal/truck driver but receive 0 pay for doing the jobs.

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.