Kaperboy

Crime Zones(Robbing)

Okay so i understand the concept of FearRP.  What i don't understand is in CRIME zones if someone comes up to you and robs you and you yourself are also a CRIMINAL do you honestly think that in real life CRIMINALS let other CRIMINALS rob them and expect no retaliation or consequences?  Growing up in bad areas people die because of these exact situations and yes i'm comparing this to real life because it is a ROLEPLAY server.  I think that in crime area's you should be able to act how you want toward a robber.  They already have the jump on you,  At least have a chance to also pull your gun out and shoot them because it happens in real life crime areas.  I understand this is a game just a suggestion.

Nah, I totally see your point but at the same time it would just turn into DM, because crime zone or not, you have to fear for your life. If you get a jump on and they are aiming at you, you should not do stupid things. I always look at stuff like that - if you are willing to do a CK in case you're not successful, then do it. If not, then don't do it with a knowledge that they gonna rob you anyways and if you die, you will resurrect.

59 minutes ago, Kaperboy said:

I'm not saying to completely abandon RP.  If you die of course you lose all memory.  But at the same time you should still have a little chance to get out of it.

Yeah, but if Fear RP will be ignored, then people will take their chances with trying to fight instead of doing what is asked, because if both situation go wrong, then the outcome will be the same. By being allowed to pull out weapon and try to defend, gives at least slight chance of turning the tides around, therefore it will be overused.

6 minutes ago, OBESE said:

Yeah, but if Fear RP will be ignored, then people will take their chances with trying to fight instead of doing what is asked, because if both situation go wrong, then the outcome will be the same. By being allowed to pull out weapon and try to defend, gives at least slight chance of turning the tides around, therefore it will be overused.

I'm talking specifically in crime zones. ( Labs Ect... ) 

Just now, Kaperboy said:

I'm talking specifically in crime zones. ( Labs Ect... ) 

I get that, and Im talking about those zones as well. If we would now give criminals option to chose - follow fear rp or not, due to the fact they are in crime zone, then we would see like 80-90% of the situations being treated without following the fear rp. For the same reason there is not just IC but also OOC rule in PD about corruption, because the amount of corrupt cops would be unrealistic in ratio to the amount of police in general. The same would be with this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.