Malinq

Truckers - Gov Faction - read before judging

Hello there!

I have had ups and downs as a truck driver, there is plenty of suggestion on the forum regarding the Trucker freelance job like Tools have to be paid for private truck, there is no compensation etc. 

In general, I think that the Trucker Job is really important, but as well, deprived of RP opportunities it can give!
It is one of the most significant, if not the most job on the server. It provides supplies for Gas Stations, for stores, without it people not drive cars or eat, which in case of GTA RP is essential. 
There could be trucker events, communication over the radio (which happens now, once in a few days and not in a really engaging way). RP possibilities of making it a faction are limitless!

We have a base model of that faction. DCC. 
Using the Radio Codes for shifts, for going to the specific location, depots etc. 
Spawning the vehicles and possibility to mod them! That would increase the amount of trucks seen on the roads, not 99% cases -> Red Pounder. 

This solution would also give possibilities for more roles in a business model of a faction like that for a player!

Now let's think how, without least of development needed, it would improve the problems that truckers do have now:

• Base income -> that means people would have stable job, maybe add some bonuses based on weekly orders delivered not the amount of time you spent on /duty
  • Trucks would be customizable, different colours, different trucks per rank, such a variety of cars! (We could also add new trucks like Hauler Customer, Phantom Custom, Pounder Custom).
  • No more paying for tolls, this can be strictly applied from current faction system like DCC, Meds.
  • They would be actively participating in RP world by attending in events, speaking with colleagues, hanging over the HQ.
  • Truckers also could have access to Towing to help people when there are no mechanics that will accept it (This is up to discussion, I'm not sure if that's a good idea from LSC / Bayview point of view).
  • No more New Players without Trucker License driving around (Never seen PD catch one haha, i did this mistake myself when i started). 

I could list much more of RP benefits to that, but I doubt there is a need. Those points above should give you an overview of what I have in mind by stating that it would be great to have it as a Faction!.

If this were to go ahead, and that is one hecc of an if, you would need to rethink how the trucker job is done from the ground up. currently there is simply not enough work to support a faction of any appreciable size. orders come in, orders get taken, orders go out. and I have not heard of any massive backlog of Trucker orders that would require a larger workforce. the towing and not paying for tolls part i agree with but surely theres a way around this that wouldnt require a faction. 

Maybe fold a trucker branch into DCC? that way when theres like 10 cabbies on some of them could hop in trucks while on the job and fill out orders if its really an issue. that way you dont have to worry about forming an org, a base of operations or a command structure.