Atlas Cross

Los Santos Radio Broadcast idea

Is there way to implement a actual radio station building where people can play music and talk to the drivers of San Andreas while they cruise around the city and make it a option for people to tune in to listen to music or podcasts. We could also get special guest in as well and talk to the radio announcers. If so Can I lead this and people can send in song requests and call into the station to make shoutout's etc.

Edited by Atlas Cross
  • Like 1

From a script perspective, it MAY be possible if you stream the radio broadcast over youtube and then people use carURL command to listen that way, but I am not sure if there is an issue with playing a live stream over /carlURL as I have never tried. 

For the rest of it such as starting a radio station in game and the business perspective, all that is to be done IC. You can talk to the government in game to figure out how to start a business and get a property, etc. 

EDIT: I have been told its NOT possible to listen to a livestream...so thats out the window. You COULD still pre-record it and upload it to youtube though and it could be listened to on /carURL if its under 10 minutes. 

Edited by Requiem
  • chill 1

On 5/26/2023 at 7:25 AM, Atlas Cross said:

Is there way to implement a actual radio station building where people can play music and talk to the drivers of San Andreas while they cruise around the city and make it a option for people to tune in to listen to music or podcasts. We could also get special guest in as well and talk to the radio announcers. If so Can I lead this and people can send in song requests and call into the station to make shoutout's etc.

As Requiem stated, its not possible due to coding limitations and GTA limitations in itself. A TV show that people could tune into on youtube or twitch would probably be a much more accessible and actually possible idea. You could still have a building and your own studio to shoot from. 

• Like 1