TheRealFixer

Scripts / Suggestions

Good afternoon,

As I have been made aware there are scripts in the game for such things as Truck Jobs and Burgershot etc, are those custom scripts that can be changed or are they set at a certain time? I see issues with the way the Burgershot is ran, so when working there we are running out of food and ingredients to make new food for orders so we are getting a little stuck on that. Relating to this, would it be possible to get it so that whoever is cooking out the back they get rewarded for making food or a bonus for making so many food items as the person in the kitchen does not get rewarded, so if you have someone who is greedy and they are putting all the orders through, the person who has cooked all those items gets nothing from it.

As for the script for Truck Driving, I have been on numerous times a day to log in and do some trucking and there has been no jobs waiting at all, every one of them has been done and due to it being on a script the wait sometimes for new jobs is long, either this or they are not worth running. Something relating to trucks, that I am not sure if anyone has considered, if you own your own truck and you are on a "scripted mission" your still paying for tolls, fuel, repairs which makes it not worth owning a truck. ** (Would it be possible to get trailers you can add to a truck or is this something that you can't do? If someone owns their own truck and they can buy a trailer to attach to it, allowing them to fill it with a set amount of items per job etc.) (**If you are running a scripted mission with your own truck, is there a way to make it so you don't have to pay for a toll, have a set allowance for fuel etc, just to make it more viable for people to run their own trucks instead of rentals.**)

Something that I have been having an issue with getting my head wrapped round is if you have a misdemeanour or felony the amount of time you have to wait before getting a Government job, this is surely going to drive people away, with the current situation with Burgershot, the trucks etc, it makes it really hard to keep newer players interested in the city. Maybe mixing things up a bit based on what the charges are and have a point scoring system based on the charge to a set amount of time for the felony allowing people a better chance of making more money in the city without having to wait what people have described ridiculous amounts of time to even get a decent paying job to make things more accessible to everyone.

I hope some of these suggestions are considered, more then happy to spit ball more ideas and ways things would work. (I used to be a content creator for another game so have a understanding of the scripts and have run a lot of game servers myself in the past, just trying to get some ideas out there and see what people think.

Many thanks for reading.

To your burgershot point: yes there should be a change in how the people cooking are rewarded since they current get nothing. 

For trucking: an order comes in when someone requests a restock on supplies - i.e. general store owners, gas stations, burgershot supplies, etc. I think some automated orders should come in every once in a while to give truckers more to do honestly. Similar to other scripts where a randomly generated address gets pulled up and you deliver to it, rather than always having to wait for a real delivery request to come in.

As for your comments on the government job, its a balance between gameplay and realism. Some government jobs, you only have to have a clean record for a couple weeks, where others you can't have any felonies for example (such as law enforcement). You always have the option to create a legal character, and an illegal one if you so choose so you don't have to worry about your record on characters as much. 

2 hours ago, Requiem said:

As for your comments on the government job, its a balance between gameplay and realism. Some government jobs, you only have to have a clean record for a couple weeks, where others you can't have any felonies for example (such as law enforcement). You always have the option to create a legal character, and an illegal one if you so choose so you don't have to worry about your record on characters as much. 

I disagree with this comment, due to the fact that I was forced into a vehicle and was told if I do not do what they say they would beat me and maybe even kill me, they had weapons on them also so I went with what they were saying IC, then I was set up because they drove off.

50 minutes ago, TheRealFixer said:

I disagree with this comment, due to the fact that I was forced into a vehicle and was told if I do not do what they say they would beat me and maybe even kill me, they had weapons on them also so I went with what they were saying IC, then I was set up because they drove off.

If you were truly innocent though in a IC situation, there are IC ways to dealing with that and proving your innocence and getting any charges you may have had removed. 

Regarding the Realism I understand how ever there should be a way to Reduce that time, Because as my self I have spent time and Money on this Character, Dont really want to go on a second account and when started did not know much about so the only Felonies I have are from the start of playing the server, now that I want to Clean up and become legal, I will need to wait a Long Period of time which ngl is kinda harsh.

I would suggest something like at least either Reducing it in General or Applying a Way that Helps the ones that are actually looking to go clean can do to reduce that time such as Felony Reformation it self, by Doing Felony Reformation as example the time from 1 year gets reduced to something like 4-5-6 months or so, This way at least the ones like my self that are looking to actually clean their act.

On 5/17/2023 at 6:10 PM, Requiem said:

To your burgershot point: yes there should be a change in how the people cooking are rewarded since they current get nothing. 

For trucking: an order comes in when someone requests a restock on supplies - i.e. general store owners, gas stations, burgershot supplies, etc. I think some automated orders should come in every once in a while to give truckers more to do honestly. Similar to other scripts where a randomly generated address gets pulled up and you deliver to it, rather than always having to wait for a real delivery request to come in.

On 5/19/2023 at 2:06 PM, Randy Hayes said:

Regarding the Realism I understand how ever there should be a way to Reduce that time, Because as my self I have spent time and Money on this Character, Dont really want to go on a second account and when started did not know much about so the only Felonies I have are from the start of playing the server, now that I want to Clean up and become legal, I will need to wait a Long Period of time which ngl is kinda harsh.

I would suggest something like at least either Reducing it in General or Applying a Way that Helps the ones that are actually looking to go clean can do to reduce that time such as Felony Reformation it self, by Doing Felony Reformation as example the time from 1 year gets reduced to something like 4-5-6 months or so, This way at least the ones like my self that are looking to actually clean their act.

Felony reformation is already a thing ICly.