Antonio_Colombo

Coroner Job tweak [MAKE CORONERS GREAT AGAIN]

So... AFAIK the coroner job is R.I.P, and it is inconvenience to make the coroners number known to the all of the new players, ( weazel could utilise their network to make this number known couple of times a day, wink wink ) often times they just don't know abut coroner side job at all.

1) Simple implementation could fix it and add some RP to the plate - App on phone instead of sophisticated calling method, where people can make a photo of body and put in brief description about weather they will await coroner or they are into rush.  Then reporting party can even logoff from server but the call will stay in app for a hour or two ( time until body respawns ), other coroners can get notification on their phone each time there is new report of dead body, similarly as it is with receiving SMS'es.  On side note, coroners should receive this notification no matter if they have their work vehicle out or not, simply if you choose coroners job you get notified by script, not by player himself, risking to loose the call to other coroners.

2) ... bodies disappear within less than a hour, previously it was discussed that body will be on floor for up to 4 hours if my memory is correct, but it is not working....

3) Coroners should also show distance left same as taxi, because currently people who requests for a coroner don't know if coroner is coming in a moments around the corner, or he has to drive up to 10km which takes some time.

4) There could be two options to dig the body bags - first can be left as it is, you simply drop a bodies at same location with a button press ( FIX IT PLEASE! ), other option could be more time consuming, where players are cremating the body and it takes some time ( MINIGAME ), and as it requires more time to do it would also get some pay. In case there is tonns of dead bodies, coroners can RP that some part of them bring bodies, other part works in crematorium burning dead corpses 24/7/365, yo

So the process would follow A couple of simple steps:

1) Bodies go BRRrR  

2) People can RP ashes  

3) ??? PROFIT 

image.gif

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

10 hours ago, Xoza said:

Greetings,

Please see the original suggestion thread for Coroners.

Additionally, in game float do's shouldn't lead to an OOC thread.. er.. hmm.. actually FloatDo's are bracketed OOC.. *thinks*

While it might be unetichal to use floating dingdoos for such purposes, I find it unsatisfactory that job is not working and there is no attention surrounding this issue, which surely could be quickly fixed. (I'm not a programmer, so take it with a grain of salt that I claim it is easily fixable). 

In addition, many fdo's are with external URL links like YouTube etc, where do we draw a line what link can be added and which no? While someone might create a web page for their services, it is hard to tell if it is ooc or IC. With my fdo's I wanted to simply bring attention to, where I believe, it is worth giving it. 

Same with the toll booth operators, while the job is functional, it is not working as intended. I. E. It doesn't pay operator for their time spent at toll booth.  Instead of patching such critical issues, players are rewarded with new cars, which I seem to not understand, because small things like  working coroner, toll booth operator jobs is what keeps players busy and thriving for a job they can do to spend their time, therefore increasing player base which indirectly results into bigger commission for the server owners, and eventually everyone is (In theory) happy with the outcome. Just my two cents about the issue. 

Edited by Antonio_Colombo