Buggs

What is NRP? (Redefining the rule)

Currently the rule reads:

9. Non-Roleplay (NRP)

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.
  • Players are required to remain IC at all times. RP can only be paused or voided by admins.
  • If a crash / disconnect occurs, players must post in the crash reports discord channel and contact all parties to resume. Players reconnecting must be given all opportunities held prior.
  • Players should not instigate situations they do not have time to play through. If a player is chased they must wait 15 minutes before they can log out of the game.
  • Players can’t depict their character with real images or game images not possible on ECRP.
  • Non-off road vehicles may not drive up mountains or steep hills. LSEMS & Mechanics are exempt.
  • Examples:
    • Ignoring RP,=
    • baiting government services without proper IC reason, 
    • asking to be killed or forcing your own death,
    • unrealistic stunt jumping,
    • misusing expensive vehicles,
    • using script work vehicles for other purpose,
    • submerging any vehicle in water intentionally,
    • swimming for an unrealistic amount of time in a chase,
    • stealing from / tampering with an OOC F4 menu,
    • or using a vehicle to block doors (i.e. a bank or a store).

There are a few things I want to mention. In general I believe a lot of things that happen on this server would be considered NRP... but yet would never be accepted as a report. My suggestions are in no way meant to bash any faction/admin/character, it is just simply my take on the rule and why I believe it should be redefined.

For instance...
A. The average amount of bank/store/player robberies in Los Santos are in no way representative of real life... however we bypass this thought because it allows for criminals to have something more to do in order to provide cartel with cash, more RP opportunities for the server, and general ways to earn money for themselves.

B. The average amount of car thefts are in no way representative of real life... in nice neighborhoods you can leave your car unlocked, in bad neighborhoods you'd expect your car to be stolen or a radio to be jacked, or car to be on cinder-blocks when you try to leave for work in the morning. However, again, we bypass this thought because it allows for criminals to have something more to do in order to provide cartel with cash, more RP opportunities for the server, and general ways to earn money for themselves.

C. There are more speeding tickets in Los Santos then would ever exist in the same period of time in real life. People speed like crazy because there are no other cars on the road to stop them from going that speed. Largely the increase in tickets is due to the installment of speeding cameras around town... but I digress.

D. The number of car chases, along with the response from PD/SD, far outweighs what any one person would experience in an average lifespan. It is often that players will be heard commenting on the amount of PD/SD cars chasing an individual. For instance, my character, along with 5+ people waited for over 20+ mins for PD/SD to show up to a citizens arrest, while they watched a cop chase with 5+ cop cars trailing. It makes it hard to have civilian + cop RP.

E. The way things are handled as far as appeals, IA reports, and lack of a constitution/bill of rights is frankly... NRP. In what place in America is someone considered guilty until proven innocent?

I could go on and on, bottom line: a lot of things that happen in ECRP are "NRP", but is allowed. It's allowed because we're in GTA, a game, which is confined and constrained to certain things. However, therein lies the problem with comparing it to real life... as inherently... it will NEVER be like real life. Simply put... GTA RP is more of action packed simulator where one can pretend to be someone else and interact with others.

My suggestion would be to change the current rule to be more lax. No longer always comparing things to how it would be "in real life", but on whether or not the RP was enjoyed by each party. After all, it is a game first and foremost, that we're all here to enjoy.

9. Non-Roleplay (NRP)

• Actions that promote poor RP.
  • Players are required to remain IC at all times. RP can only be paused or voided by admins.
  • Players can’t depict their character with real images or game images not possible on ECRP.
  • Non-off road vehicles may not drive up mountains or steep hills. LSEMS & Mechanics are exempt.
  • Examples:
    • swimming for an unrealistic amount of time in a chase
    • stealing from / tampering with an OOC F4 menu
    • or using a vehicle to block doors (i.e. a bank or a store)

Two things I want to take specific note of why I left them off in the new suggestion to the rules are these:

• If a crash / disconnect occurs, players must post in the crash reports discord channel and contact all parties to resume. Players reconnecting must be given all opportunities held prior.
  • Players should not instigate situations they do not have time to play through. If a player is chased they must wait 15 minutes before they can log out of the game.

To the first point: this rule only applies if you don't know the admins handling the situation, you're reporting someone on the forums, or trying not to get your car chopped when you lose internet. Too many times this rule has been abused by people who don't post in the disconnect, but log back in and still get to keep their stuff with no repercussions except for a "next time do better" because of the admin they know or you see it used on the forums as an understanding for why someone can abuse the fact that this is a game and people disconnect sometimes for no reason.

To the second point: RP situations can and will take longer than someone intends. Players cannot always be held accountable for "starting an RP situation" when sometimes RP situations are thrust upon them without prior consent or checking for time constraints.

• NAY 2