edawn

no criminal wants to roleplay with cops and for a good reason

Situation:

Foot of Mt. Chilliad, surrounding forest, around the lumber mill. Two cops are trying to cuff my friend, after scouting the area on foot i take a tactical position where i know they can hear me but they cant see me, and decide to peek from time to time i initiate RP with:

/s leave the body alone, you are outnumbered. get inside your cruiser and leave, this is no place for cops.
What do the cops do? Start running around searching for something or someone pulling out their rifles and leaving the injured and cuffed body to lay there.
They finally notice me and start firing away their ARs without any hesitation resulting in me driving away, but should cops always bet on these risky situations with their lives? Sure they didn't break the RAW FearRP, but I'm certain RAI version of the rule was broken in some form or fashion.
I PM the cops congratulating them on splendid RP, what reply do i get? "we could've had YOU outnumbered, and we also could've had a helicopter, get outsmarted."
[after i scouted, after i listened for more sirens or any helicopters, hell i'll even admit i f4'd their online number for this matter, which was 2 at the time]

Problems:

*Cops are fearless, because they have no investment of their own assets into their job and have absolutely nothing to lose.
*Most cops are mentally incapable of losing an RP situation, this is why people instead of trying to roleplay with them would just rather shoot them on sight, esp in a definite criminal area.
*Cops are also dicks to everyone who isn't a government worker and just look for a reason to pin a ticket on you.
*As arguably the most responsible group of players they are setting a shitty example of what to expect from rp situations in this server and instead of increasing the quality of rp they deminish it to just wanting to shoot them every time you see them.
*I didn't record the situations.

Solutions:

*??? idk fam, but they are the most antiRP group in the server at the moment, and that is sad considering we have a lot of "hands up five seconds man, last chance man, 5 3 1 *GUNSHOTS* " type of people in the server.

*I'm thinking of actually taking taxes into some sort of government account that then gets spent on government gear instead of it being script weapons. Fairly certain they'd still have a shit ton of money, but also there's at least a chance of depleting their never ending supply of weapons.

*Teaching cops proper law enforcement roleplay and forget manufacturing "bad cop" mentality in the community. Show us, residents, how they work, via weazel news or just government forums, as a lot of us would genuinely would love to know how the hell do they work and what they think is good RP, cuz it's still unclear after so many head to heads with them. Not only would it set an example for future officers but also would let us know what to expect, rather than it always being random, unexpected shitstorm which leans towards the powergaming side. I'm sure every cop should work following a certain procedure, and while everyone has to RP "real world" why does it seem like cops are exception to a lot of how real world works.

Offtopicish Questions:

How the hell is "/me searches the car fully" a good RP from a cop? It implies that criminals are stupid to the point where they would just let their illegal goodies be in some god damn glovebox or in the interior of the car. Sure, not a lot of us roleplay punching out a seamless hole in a spare tire or somewhere in the seat or hecc even a secret compartment in the glovebox itself but that doesn't include everyone. Because of roleplay like this it's not worth roleplaying when nobody's watching and why the RP is extremely shallow.

Bad RP from cops, raising problems, providing possible solutions - the thread.

Edited by edawn
mixed up /me and /do
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1