Sivix_Dubienski

Car Speaker / Speaker Not Working

Date and time (provide timezone): 12:30pm (EST USA)

Character name: Sivix Dubienski

Issue/bug you are reporting: Car Speaker / Speaker does not play audio

Expected behavior:  Music should play when using the /carURL command

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: I have searched the forums and tried the suggested fixes including adjusting "/vol speaker", logging out and logging back in repeatedly, restarting my game, syncing my computer's clock, all of my videos are using a codec number of less than 150 and nothing is working. It says that the command has been accepted and the active YouTube link has been updated but nothing plays, even if I wait for several minutes.

Hello, I am a few days old on the server and have recently spent what I would consider to be a significant amount of IC money to get a Car Speaker and a Speaker and neither are working.

I have searched the forums and tried the suggested fixes including adjusting "/vol speaker", logging out and logging back in repeatedly, restarting my game, syncing my computer's clock, all of my videos are using a codec number of less than 150 and nothing is working. It says that the command has been accepted and the active YouTube link has been updated but nothing plays, even if I wait for several minutes.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Sivix_Dubienski

@Sivix_Dubienski Can you try going to http://time.is and making sure your system time is in sync? There is a known issue where songs play delayed if your time is not properly synced. The script attempts to sync playback on all local players clients and if yours is too fast/slow it starts/finishes at the wrong time. I originally had a 45+ second delay in the start of playback.

The second potential issue is the song link. We have a known issue at the moment with _ or - being in the link code. So if one of your songs has them, attempt to locate a different version and try again.

Third, there might be a regional issue with your song. The game server and song server are both hosted in France, and occasionally youtube links are blocked in that region.

Fourth, sometimes you have to play the song twice back to back if you do not hear it the first time.

Finally, you can test if your song should be working by using this link. https://cors.eclipse-rp.net/watch?v=F01UTYg79KY replace the section after the = with the code from your song.

2 hours ago, Arrta said:

@Sivix_Dubienski Can you try going to http://time.is and making sure your system time is in sync? There is a known issue where songs play delayed if your time is not properly synced. The script attempts to sync playback on all local players clients and if yours is too fast/slow it starts/finishes at the wrong time. I originally had a 45+ second delay in the start of playback.

The second potential issue is the song link. We have a known issue at the moment with _ or - being in the link code. So if one of your songs has them, attempt to locate a different version and try again.

Third, there might be a regional issue with your song. The game server and song server are both hosted in France, and occasionally youtube links are blocked in that region.

Fourth, sometimes you have to play the song twice back to back if you do not hear it the first time.

Finally, you can test if your song should be working by using this link. https://cors.eclipse-rp.net/watch?v=F01UTYg79KY replace the section after the = with the code from your song.

I already did all that and literally NO link was working for me then it's working fine now though.

For some reason it just started working after a server reset a day or two after I made this post, I just forgot to come back and update this thread, sorry about that...