Antonio_Colombo

Audio volume levels while talking

A simple way how to prevent situations like:

1) Player A mic is low, none can hear him properly

2) player B mic is ear raping everyone around

3) Player A and B are in the same spot, and none hears A but B

Simple solution would be, to make CMD that would equalize ALL volume of the users, in respectively same way as it is currently with /vol Proximity, /vol radio, etc.

Instead of user selecting appropriate sound levels, player could set one certain sound level to which all sound will be equalized.

This can be simply done and would not require big computing power, as code would analyze volume levels and set + or - gain to them. 

Scenario:

Player sets his /vol proximity to lets say 98 dB , so if someone is using his mic on 124dB, it would cut it down to those 98 dB, and if someone has its mic to 87dB, it gains it till it reaches user set value, in this case 98 dB.

Benefits:

IF this function can be properly implemented, people would not have to adjust /vol proximity; /vol radio etc each time someone is knowingly or unknowingly ear-raping or speaking low

Please leave your thoughts if this can be implemented / improve gameplay.

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

+1

I had this issue with a lot of people. One thing I done tho which maybe will help you if you go into your audio settings on GTA and turn down your SFX volume. I have mine set to about 30-40% that lets me hear the game just enough and hear the players perfectly . The SFX volume does not turn down the volume of other players it just turns down the actual game .

• chill 1

On 9/17/2021 at 3:59 PM, Mike Bradey said:

+1

I had this issue with a lot of people. One thing I done tho which maybe will help you if you go into your audio settings on GTA and turn down your SFX volume. I have mine set to about 30-40% that lets me hear the game just enough and hear the players perfectly . The SFX volume does not turn down the volume of other players it just turns down the actual game .

Yes sir, i do the same, actually keeping gta sfx volume one division more than mute, it helps to hear people better, but still does not eliminate fact that it doea not work on people who are having big / smol gain of their mics, on the other side, having a hotkey for /vol Proximity helps to quickly adjust the levels. Its more like a hot fix, than actual fix on the matter.