ITZ_THE_F0NZ

UI For Doors/ Gates Not Showing All The Time, Unable To Lock Gates On Property.

Date and time (provide timezone): All Times

Character Name: All Characters

Issue/bug you are reporting: So i have been having this issue for the last few months but recently there was a patch for a: [WI] Fixed an issue that prevented island "world interactions" to load.

This patch 'supposedly' fixed the issue i am currently having, but as you can see from this video taken today, this is still a common and annoying bug. i have spoken to a few staff members who have confirmed it is to do with the gates being 'too far from the front door' however, the road i am on in mirror park, every house on the street has the same design house with the same length from the door to the driveway, this is not to do with the gate being too far away from the door, as if that was the case, the UI wouldnt be bugging out as it clearly is in the video posted below, but rather wouldn’t be showing at all. This is a bug, and needs to be looked into ASAP.

Expected behavior: Any gates placed down on the driveway should be accessible like any other gate, this includes being able to lock the door and access the keypad if needed.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate:

The Property in question here is: /setgps 10 nikola pl

i have tried relogging several times, have also tried to reposition the gates, with no luck at all. and this occasional 'access furniture' (being able to lock it) occassionally appearing upon logging in, shortly disappearing after.

Vehicle license plate number*: 

Edited by ITZ_THE_F0NZ
  • Like 1

I ran into the same problem and have some comments:

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: I believe this is stemming from either placing the furniture too far from the entrance to the property or picking up and replacing a certain piece too many times.

If you have a friend, or /report to an admin potentially, you should be able to get around this by giving them building permissions on the outside of the property and having them place the doors down. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 2:44 AM, Zion Willard said:

I ran into the same problem and have some comments:

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: I believe this is stemming from either placing the furniture too far from the entrance to the property or picking up and replacing a certain piece too many times.

If you have a friend, or /report to an admin potentially, you should be able to get around this by giving them building permissions on the outside of the property and having them place the doors down. 

Hey! Thanks for your reply. So I have tried this, many times to that effect, have tried placing the gates, anywhere on this particular driveway, and nothing happens, I do believe it is a bug with the level at which the driveway stands upon, having looked further into the other properties on the street, none of them seem to have the same slanted driveway that mine has, my driveway is the only one on a slope like position, and have noticed the gate slightly hanging in the air because of it.

This could be looked into, as it’s still an issue with the script and the UI interface, as a whole on this property and potentially many others within the city.

many thanks!