Spark

What I understand as RP

Hello everyone,

So I am writing this because I had to get this off my chest what I understand as RP and I currently see a issue in.

I will go through several situations and state how I would see it as a good RP standard 

Traffic Stop

If you are not a wanted criminal you would pullover, and talk with the officer maybe even go off the topic so you could play it down and maybe get just a warning and not a ticket. You would come up with some ideas that would make the traffic stop remain as a good memory.

The cop would talk with you in a professional and friendly manner. The cop will go into his cruiser to check the details given from the drivers license and then come back and he would take action if needed. After that is done and dusted you would say goodbye and carry on. No random bystanders standing in the middle of the road and no sudden backup for the most minor things.

Gang Roleplay 

So this is kinda tricky but I will try my best to explain to you my pov on a good gang RP standard.

Gang A  has some illegal business going.   Gang A is a small gang not yet really known on the streets.

Gang B would notice that Gang A is doing illegal business on the streets where Gang B would say the final words who is selling what.

Gang B would meet up with Gang A to have a serious business talk. 

The leaders would walk to each other to talk. The gang members of each gang would stand at the back securing their side.

If the leaders do not come to an agreement one of the gangs would try to aim their guns at the other gang, not yet shooting. (lets says Gang B)

Gang A would respond also with aiming guns back. No shot has been fired yet. The situation would slowly go out of control. leaders would shout some gang members would become nervous. UNTIL the words drop. "kill them". Then hell can break loose.

If the leaders come to an agreement they would just go along. Gang A would probably lose some business. Gang A may then take revenge by disturbing Gang B business etc. etc.

Pursuits

If you are getting chased by whoever, you would not take heavy off-road (driving up a mountain) as an real option. 

If you flip your vehicle several times you would RP being injured and not continue driving like you are some magical wizard.

If your engine stalls you would shout for example "fuck..this aint good turn on god damnit"  if you fail too often you would consider going on foot and trying to escape. If you see there is no way you get out of this you put your hands up and try to make the best out of the situation that is coming.

Hostage Situation

The criminals would have a plan how to take the hostage, who gets in contact with the cops and how to escape if hell breaks lose.

The criminals would chose an officer to negotiate. The criminals will have to ensure everything goes right internally, worst case you kill one of them for not obeying orders.

The criminal who is communicating with the police would set up a meeting and conditions.

Once the negotiator arrives remember that person is your golden ticket for your demands.

Make reasonable demands. And cops should also consider fulfilling those demands to a certain limit.

Obviously the PD cannot just clear all records etc. that does not really benefit you for rping a criminal nor does it help since then everyone would take anyone hostage etc. etc.

Hostage situation can end well without any bullets being dropped. What outcome it is who knows.

A roleplay server is not about who got more members in the gang or who is the richest. It is also not about just killing people.

It is meant to be a way to show off YOUR character. Create stories and have good memories to look back.

There is no point that every situation needs to be a shootout because that just does not create anything nice for both sides.

Also evading for the most minor thing does not seem like a good thing, at the end it is up to you if you want to evade for example a speeding ticket just to get arrested or you want to talk with the officer and just go on your way.

I understand that chases can be fun sometimes and if it comes to cops you probably feel mighty being able to escape the cops, but that is not the point of RP.

Talk. Create Stories. Progress.

Everyones character shall progress over time by experiencing different stories. That is what RP is about.

It is not really about winning or losing. Even if you get a gun aimed at you and you just have no other real option put your hands up talk with the people  it may end up being a fun ride. Just because someone is really rich or has a lot of supercars does not give his character any weight.

Someone who creates stories within a RP server will be known after a while.

This is just my own view on things. Please do not feel criticized nor offended.

Spark

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2