itzdoubled

[FIX] How to fix GTA V after update.

So, since the new update that happened today, some of you might not be able to play GTA Network.

wxwexwd.png

So if you have the following error that pops up then follow this:

STEAM Version:

1. Download this pack
  2. Go to your GTA V steam folder and replace with the files that you just downloaded.
  3. Launch GTA Network.
  4. After launch, an error will pop up saying that you need to update - CLICK Continue or Yes.
  5. GTA Network will update itself and the issue will be resolved.
  6. Enjoy like you used to.

Social Club Version:

1. Download this pack
  2. Go to your GTA V folder and replace with the files that you just downloaded.

3. Launch GTA Network.
  4. In the Socialclub version you have to launch GTA:Network then the Socialclub login panel will pop-up, wait until it finishes logging in and as soon as the download starts you have to disconnect your internet (Disabling Adapter f.e) and then it will ask if you want to play in Offline-mode, click it and then reconnect your internet and press Play. (Might not work in the first time, keep trying)

Hope this helped.

Thanks to @SubZ and @Alcatraz for providing the download link for the files!

• Upvote 4

In the Socialclub version you have to launch GTA:Network then the Socialclub login panel will pop-up, wait until it finishes logging in and as soon as the download starts you have to disconnect your internet (Disabling Adapter f.e) and then it will ask if you want to play in Offline-mode, click it and then reconnect your internet and press Play. (Might not work in the first time, keep trying)

• Upvote 1

STEAM USERS who don't wanna download that 760mb pack:

1) Backup following files:

update/update.rfp

GTA5.exe

GTAVLauncher.exe

steam_api64.dll

2) Then download the patch via steam. Backup same files as specified above.

3) Backup files that came with latest patch (the same ones like specified in 1) )

4) Use backup you did in 1) and replace the files in your GTA V directory with your backup from previous patch.

5) You're done. Start GTA:N and enjoy.

Note: You did 2) just to be able to play latest patch later without having to download it again.

Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality

Let Steam update your game and when finished replace the GTA5.exe with the previous one prior to the update.

If you are using Windows 7 right click on the GTA5.exe and choose "Restore previous versions".

Since I deactivated the my "Restore previous versions" function, I had a friend send me the file after I asked him to get the file from his "Restore previous versions"

Here is what I did:

System: Window 7 64 bit edition.

First Installed GTA5: March 30, 2017

I ran the game this morning using the desktop shortcut Steam originally created on my desktop and it started to automatically update.

After the update, I ran the game again using the same desktop shortcut. Within about 10 seconds Script Hook V presented an error dial box and the game did not load.

I then had to stop the GTA.exe and GTAVLauncher.exe process using Task Maneger.

Next, I replaced the GTA5.exe with the previous one prior to the update and it worked fine. No prompts for reactivation.

The old GTA.exe file "you want" prior to the update is Product version 1.0.1011.1. The file size on disk is 56.8 MB (59,604,992 bytes)

The "updated" GTA.exe file that breaks Script Hook V and the mods is Product version 1.0.1032.1. The file size on disk is 56.6 MB (59,387,904 bytes).

You can see the file version by right clicking on the GTA5.exe file and choosing Properties and then select the "Details" tab.

The GTAVLauncher.exe file was not replaced during the update.

Hope this helps

If this method worked for anyone, please post a reply to let us know.

STEAM Version:

1. Download this pack
  2. Go to your GTA V steam folder and replace with the files that you just downloaded.
  3. Launch GTA Network.
  4. After launch, an error will pop up saying that you need to update - CLICK Continue or Yes.
  5. GTA Network will update itself and the issue will be resolved.
  6. Enjoy like you used to.

I followed the instructions and I can get to the main menu with no problems but when loading the game crashes everytime. Any ideas why?

I got GTA on the Socialclub and i do as it says what i need to do. But after logging in to social club i turn disconnect from the internet as soon as the installation begins, and i wait whilst GTA tries reconnecting. After a while it just gives me an error that i need to check if the GTA servers are online, it does not give me the option to load it into offline mode.. Anyone got a solution?