Ky Rivaille is a native Irish citizen from South Carrickfergus that grew up in a family of crime led by his grandfather Nicky. The majestic, yet empty and medieval surroundings of the location he grew up in manage to create a huge contrast with his new environment.

ebd2bd7eedb30f8a62c2f2ae565dd9b34918d370

Nicky also happened to raise him into the family business. At the early age of 17, Ky had already managed to climb all the way to the rank of Lieutenant within the organization, later expanding the criminal activities across borders when he was only 21. His peers portray him as being extremely cunning, but flawed by vices such as smoking pot and indulging on vodka cocktails accompanied by rum 'til morning light, mourning troubles only he knows. He would waste nights away in bars, pubs and clubs until he no longer saw a clear picture of what his future should look like. Perhaps the nature of his self-hatred is typical of his heritage, though not much is known of his parents since he never talks about them. Though he does enjoy occasionally singing.

But I’ll sing no more now til I get a drink
Cause I’m drunk today and I’m seldom sober
A handsome rover from town to town
Ah but I’m sick now my days are number
Come all me young men and lay me down
Come all me young men and lay me down.

Antrim Street

6471463.jpg

What begun as a family business, owning a butcher shop on the corner close to where they live, evolved into a decades-old crime organization later. As all stories have an origin point, here lies Ky's. There wasn't much to swindle on a big scale in the small town of Northern Ireland, the plans were already in motion to expand into other cities by the time Nicky set his eyes on his promising grandchild. As a veteran of war, his limits and standards were very high for the young Ky. Had it not been so, maybe he would have not prepared him to be raised as his son and only heir to a crime ring growing organically in the shadows of the country-side. 

Maybe a redemption arc? Tough times; The Legion; Death and decay

tumblr_pmtgq02B621v5cjd3o1_540.jpg

Wishing to reform himself, he enrolled in the Foreign Legion for two whole tours, returning battle-scarred but with a new set of abilities and a desire to prove himself. This time he would strive to make something out of himself within the confines of the law and not outside of it. The only problem was his lack of skills concerning normal jobs and his PTSD from the tours served in the Legion. He moved to Del Perro, a civilian city - but in his mind the wars still rage without pause. After 10 years of conflict and war-torn battles, Ky struggles to understand where his place in the world is nowadays. He finds himself close to slipping back into old habits.. being a criminal has always been easy, but not desirable. Having a family? Perhaps no longer an option. What could he possibly offer to a woman besides his flaws? What could he teach his future children except for ways to kill or hustle a man?

The Lost Chapter of Love

NFmmn4G.jpg

His long lost love, Rachael, died of lung cancer while he was away serving on foreign lands, when he was stationed in Sudan. A weight too heavy to carry, too difficult for him to overcome, perhaps the biggest obstacle for him ever to love another and for him to be happy again. Sometimes he dreams of killing her on the fields by mistake, as if she were hidden within enemy ranks, wearing their uniforms and gunning for him through the Wasteland. And then he wakes and remembers her as she was. Soft, in her nature of words and movement. Smoking the last years of her life away, never judging any of his faults or choices. Fading gently like every other ray of hope.

What now?

QKNYITe.jpg

A man of not too many words, but well dressed, well-mannered. He started out his journey by farming.. with not too much enthusiasm, but a clear conscience for now. Searching for opportunities to carve a rich path towards anything worthwhile. Jobless and confused, but not lost. Sometimes.. he just wishes he was back in Carrickfergus. Away from all the family he's never met, all the comrade's he's lost in the Legion and away from any of his troubles.

Edited by Thelonejunkie