MysteryPizzaGuy

Speed Cameras, location ,speed and markers.

The speed cameras located in and around highway entrances are messy and unfair, in the first bit of the clip I understand it's my fault, but it's hard to see when the freeway ends and the city road begins. I'd recommend putting down some kind of a marker, line or other type of warning so that people know to slow down in time. (Another speed camera before the actual one that just tells you to slow down would be nice.)

The second part of the clip I don't understand at all, I've entered the highway and am speeding up to join the highway traffic, this is normal practice, yet the camera still bills me a tidy little sum, seems wrong.

https://streamable.com/o245v

• Upvote 1

It should just be in regards relative to speed. For example, I've seen a few communities do this.

40mph is speed limit.

40-49mph - No ticket, just warning. This gives leeway because not everyone can drive perfect speed limit. Especially on a keyboard, it's not pressure senstive like a joystick/controller (Like how flying is easier or rocket league is easier)

50-55mph Small ticket

55-65mph moderate ticket

65-85mph big ticket

85mph+ is felony reckless endangerment. (Tickets dropped, warrant out for you)

This is realistic, you know those road side speed traps police stations IRL set up that tell you your speed to slow you down? Those have cameras on them. 

Edited by Diego Rojas

I got my first ticket in the same spot, however haven't gotten one since. Would be nice though (from a lazy perspective 😏) if it was clear where the trap actually targets but I can also see them other part of the coin. Having a grey area or an uncertain area of where the speed trap triggers improves RP driving in and around those locations. 

If the locations were clearly marked or known by everyone then I suspect most people would be speeding as much as they could, which I don't necessarily want or agree with. 

Flipping back to the other side, it seems unfair for players (mainly new players) to be given tickets without knowing in the first place that speed cameras exist or where they are. However, some speed cameras (IRL) also have the target area lined and marked for drivers however so that could also be a possibility, but I would like those as a last resort. Whilst they exist in the real world the driving mannerisms on an RP server are vastly different and I think it would have potential to negatively affect the game.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.