FAustin

Game modifications

Hola, I have no clue how to install mods like weapon model replacements or siren noises onto rageMP. I have tried the normal openIV method for standard gta 5 however this did not work. I see People on the server do have these mods so any help/knowledge on how to install them would be greatly appreciated.

Also if there is a list somewhere of allowed mods or working mods that would be fab.

Cheers!

It depends on what mods you're using whether it's OpenIV or Drag and Drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7LM8PDIwks&t=327s

This is a link to a drag and drop weapon mod that some people use, I'd suggest making a ticket in the #technical-support channel of discord as there's more people that see that frequently and can provide better help. Feel free to message me on discord @ Herbo#9113, I can try to provide as much help as I can but I'm not really a master with mods.

On 5/12/2023 at 4:20 AM, FAustin said:

Also if there is a list somewhere of allowed mods or working mods that would be fab.

All mods are pretty fair game, you just cannot use Weapon Sound Mods or visual mods that give you advantages such as removing shadows, rain, or bushes. If you're unsure I'd make a /report 1 In-game asking or ask on discord.

You should be using `user_resources` folder. This means that you can install mods without editing your original game files as the latter will be blocked by RageMP.

If you wish to add client-side mods , you'll first need to create a few folders in the RageMP client folder.

`user_resources` -> `global` -> `game_resources` -> `dlcpacks` -> and in here you will place your mods.

The RageMP client will then read the `dlc.rpf` files you have put in there and load them for you.

7 minutes ago, Timmaayy said:

You should be using `user_resources` folder. This means that you can install mods without editing your original game files as the latter will be blocked by RageMP.

If you wish to add client-side mods , you'll first need to create a few folders in the RageMP client folder.

`user_resources` -> `global` -> `game_resources` -> `dlcpacks` -> and in here you will place your mods.

The RageMP client will then read the `dlc.rpf` files you have put in there and load them for you.

Thanks!, is there a special site or any place that lists ragemp specific mods? Because I know that on gta5mods for example the files definately do not all come in the DLC pack format and are made for singleplayer mainly.