Rhendak

Prices of credit bought items (Pets for example)

Hello All, 

Looking into potentially buying a pet, I found something rather odd. 

The price of a pet with credits, is 5,500 credits. To achieve 5.500 credits, you'd have to donate €60,- (6000 credits, €55,- for the pet for 5,500 credits). 

When buying the same pet with ingame money, it costs 80k. 

In comparisson that sounds very strange and out of order. A pet is basically an ingame DLC item (and yes I know you're also donating to the server). Compared to for example Blizzard, even Blizzard does not charge €55,- for an ingame mount, at most they charge €25 and Blizzard is epensive for that as well. 

Not only this, but also having these items priced so highly when it comes to credits, has multiple downsides for the server as well, for example: 

1.  I'm now much more likely (actually a 100% more likely) to buy a pet with ingame money. I enjoy playing on the server, but I would never donate €60,-, that's just too much for me. €60,- is generally the price for a fully fleshed out triple A game. (GTA V was €60,- when it came out). 
  2. If an item (still pet for example) was priced lower, lets say €10,-, I would have been way more likely to buy a pet with credits and thereby donating and supporting the server. I may even buy two, since the price wouldn't be that much. 
  3. I feel like other players are also much more likely to donate small amounts to the server in exchange for some cool benefits, such as the pet. More people will apply the same reasoning as I do, stating that €60 is just too much for a pet, they will go with the ingame money instead. When priced lower, income per sale will go down, but total amount of sales may go up quite a lot, since it's so easily accessible. Therefore the server may receive much more donation support. 
  4. I (& most likely other players too), would most likely donate more regularly (read: multiple times) to the server over some time, to enjoy more cheap(er) benefits, which might eventually add up to €60 or more. I feel this benefits the server a lot more. 

Edited by Rhendak
  • Upvote 3