Emma Sinclair

What makes someone eligible to be unbanned?

Hello 

So over the last few months I've noticed people of the community that did nothing but cause issues in the past be unbanned (some, time and time again) and yes I understand some people did bad things and fucked up but others didn't and they don't even get the chance to appeal, because staff members say "ooh reach out to us and we will see about getting your forum account unbanned" but no one answers. So its been over a year Since the "groups" I use to love playing eclipse with where banned some of which like myself where just banned for being associated with the group, and yes I cleared my name by showing members of staff my discord and whatever else but others didn't get that chance. Can I just suggest that maybe HA+ could find a better way to maybe help these people that do wish to appeal and take into consideration that yes its been a while, people change, grow up and such and just don't turn them away.

• Like 6

Our appeal system is dealt with on a case-by-case basis. We carefully review each appeal to ensure that we are making fair and informed decisions. In reviewing an appeal, we take into account a player's previous standing in the community, as well as the severity of their offense.

When players are banned from the forums in connection with their game ban, there is very little chance for them to return. We want our community to be safe and healthy, and unfortunately, some individuals have done things that cannot be forgiven. It is our right to deny these individuals from participating in our community, and we have no interest in allowing those who have severely harmed our community, whether through harassing staff or engaging in activities such as doxing, severe bullying, or playing with known cheaters and ban evaders, back into the community.

I understand that some players may have matured since their ban, but in most cases, this is not true. We are not willing to take the risk, for the sake of our community.

I want to make it clear that our stance on this issue will not change in the foreseeable future, if ever. It is our right to deny harmful players from participating in our community, and we will continue to do so.

If someone has messaged a member of Senior Staff and not gotten a response on their forum unban request, they can always send it to another Senior Staff member. Each request is brought up and discussed and a response should be given. 

I understand you might want to play with your friends, but unfortunately, what I've said stands. 

• Upvote 3
  • chill 1
  • polarcop 3